• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EasyTether -a new tethering app for Android

I have installed and paid the $10.02 for this program and it is working great for me (running XP SP3) on my notebook. But I'm scared to death that sprint will charge me tethering minutes at .40/min. Can someone please alleviate my fears. Thanks.

Easy Tether dose not use dial-up, it uses GPRS/ UMTS/ CDMA which is not tracked by time but by amount of data transferred.

Reactions: MindTrainer
Upvote 0
I have the unlimited data plan with Sprint. Does anyone know if there is an actual download limit? I read that there is mention of 5GB / month in the fine print somewhere but I haven't found anything on the Sprint web sites. Has anyone been tethering a while with Sprint and would you let us know what kind of volume you have downloaded with or without a complaint from Sprint. Thank you.

Upvote 0
I have the unlimited data plan with Sprint. Does anyone know if there is an actual download limit? I read that there is mention of 5GB / month in the fine print somewhere but I haven't found anything on the Sprint web sites. Has anyone been tethering a while with Sprint and would you let us know what kind of volume you have downloaded with or without a complaint from Sprint. Thank you.

No complaints from Sprint with my unlimited plan, been tethering for months without an increase in monthly bill. Most I downloaded in a month was 32GB. One user on PPC Geeks screen captured his usage for a month, he was just a few megs short of 1TB. The 5gb cap is for everything except mobile handsets, those are unlimited. Been using Easy-Tether for 2 weeks now, love it.

Upvote 0
I have HTC Inc with Verizon and installed PdaNet around July 1 (free version) it connected OK with my laptop and at first I was pleased at how easy it was to get it running.

I did not use it much and one day I hopped on to check an account with https: and was informed that I could not access secure sites without subscribing. I needed to get on urgently so I upgraded and it seemed to work.

I used it that one time and just tried to logon again, only to receive Error messages and logon failures stating to make sure that I have a data connection.

What a waste of money!!! PDANET SUCKS! They claim on their site that it may not work with some systems and they do not give refunds. What a scam.

DO NOT BUY INTO THIS APP!!!

Upvote 0
Yeah...

wrong thread?

I have HTC Inc with Verizon and installed PdaNet around July 1 (free version) it connected OK with my laptop and at first I was pleased at how easy it was to get it running.

I did not use it much and one day I hopped on to check an account with https: and was informed that I could not access secure sites without subscribing. I needed to get on urgently so I upgraded and it seemed to work.

I used it that one time and just tried to logon again, only to receive Error messages and logon failures stating to make sure that I have a data connection.

What a waste of money!!! PDANET SUCKS! They claim on their site that it may not work with some systems and they do not give refunds. What a scam.

DO NOT BUY INTO THIS APP!!!

Upvote 0
I have been using Easy Tether Lite for about a month now. I only have a few problems with it. 1st, the speed is a lot slower than other posts are saying they run. 2nd, http/ access was working and is now not working for some reason. It wont let me connect to servers as well so Bad Company 2 and other games will not work online. On average the DL rate is about 25-35kbs. I am also using a laptop that runs windows 7 with firewalls turned off to try and fix the problem with connecting to servers. Please help and thank you.

Moto Droid

Upvote 0
I have 2 T-Mobile galaxy phones and have installed Easy Tether on both.

My wife has a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows XP, and both phones work fine tethered to it.

I have a Dell XPS laptop running Windows 7, and when I tether one of the phones everything works, but the screen display goes all funky, and loses definition ... it works, but the screwed up display makes it very difficult to use.

I assume that there is a driver or something on my laptop that is fighting with Easy tether, but have no idea weher to look or what to do.

I need help ... can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks

Upvote 0
the app works fine on my galaxy i9000 and ubuntu linux; I can access internet on my laptop via the phone.

Now, I was wondering: I need to connect from my phone to my laptop using a vnc viewer. I'd prefer to do this via a usb cable. Can I somehow do this with easytether?
(to what IP do I need to make the connection?)

josvanr

Upvote 0
Has anyone else had a problem connecting? I've been using this app for a while now, but after I recently had to replace my Droid for another (same card, battery, back cover), Easytether wont connect. It just says "connecting" and I've uninstalled it from the phone and laptop and started over, doing everything the same way (that I can recall anyway).

ps-Works perfectly on my girlfriend's macbook. For some reason it just isn't working on my laptop (Windows7)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones