• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ebay Nexus One sales - are they smoking crack?

JWhipple

Android Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2010
Melbourne, FL
Are these people selling Nexus Ones on Ebay for $600+ smoking crack? Because if someone is stupid enough to buy one for that much when they can get one direct from Google with free overnight shipping for less, it's got to be crack mixed some other REALLY BAD drugs!

WOW - it blows my mind!

Some people are pulling those stunts on Craigslist as well. Nothing like ripping people off!

If you lived out of the country where you'd have to pay additional taxes/import fees, it might be the cheapest way to go.

I just read on another forum where one guy in Thailand paid $750 for his phone because the shop imported them from Hong Kong via USA. (read here)

In other words, the price is quite reasonable for some people who wouldn't normally have the phone available to them.

Upvote 0
Exactly... some countries simply can't even order the Nexus from Google... as Google only ships to US, UK, Singapore and Hong Kong right now (I think those are the 4... correct me if i'm wrong...)

and for some countries, $600 USD converted into their currency is par for the course for a smartphone of that nature... we are spoiled over here with subsidized device prices... in most of the world, full price is not uncommon...

Upvote 0
Yep. I was surprised at how cheap the N1 is: the iPhone 3GS, sold at full prices in various countries and unlocked, are as expensive as $750-800. The N97 is around $715, and the HTC HD2 is just ouch at a ginormous, wallet-tearing price of $860.

The N1 at $577 (delivery included) is downright a bargain. Way cheap.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones