• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ebuddy and facebook ?

amymax18

Lurker
May 9, 2010
Hi i was wondering if anyone else was having problems with ebuddy and facebook. I have never been successful in signing into facebook from ebuddy - i keep getting the wrong username/ password combination message.

Also when i signed into Facebook on the laptop this morning i had the warning screen saying someone from the US had tried to access my account. At first i just accepted this, changed the passwords etc.

Then i tried to log in again to fb from ebuddy changing to password to the new one and again got the same message. When i then went back to the computer and signed in i got the security screen again !! The funny thing is if you add a few hours on for time difference between here and the US the time shown is pretty near the times ive been signing into fb from ebuddy !!

Sorry for the long post - does anybody know what ebuddy is up to ?!! Its kind of worrying if fb are seeing this as a security breach and its annoying to say the least trying to think of new passwords !!

Yea eBuddy messed this up for me but when I logged into the full facebook page and accepted the security warning it allowed it. Btw you can get to that page just by turning off mobile view in the browser.

What i'd like is a messenger that successfully logs into MSN, Skype and Facebook!!

Upvote 0
ok thanks folks !! Think i might just delete the app. I still cant get it to log into my facebook :/.

Can anyone reccomend anything else ? Does nimbuzz do facebook chat ?

OFI, thanks for the tip on fb webpage mine does seem to have a few glitches in that i cant get it to let me chat to someone - the chat box keeps closing ? But then again fb chat isnt the most reliable !!! Also can you tell me if i use facebook on the browser as opposed to the app will it use more data ?

thanks

Upvote 0
Yes I imagine it would use a little more data for the full page and wouldn't be so easy to browse.

eBuddy does seem to be the best messenger actually..after my first login problems it did work for me.

I have also used Nimbuzz and I think there are a couple of others IM+ and Meebo although I can't remember which have Facebook support

Ok Nimbuzz seems to support most things but i've had trouble getting it to sign in at times and then not updating Skype contacts properly. (Facebook won't login right now!)

Meebo supports MSN/Facebook etc (no Skype) but has many reports of connection issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones