• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Eclipse - Can can't change project build target

markkurley

Lurker
Mar 3, 2011
My Android project in Eclipse has a build target of Android 1.5. I am trying to change the "project build target" by Windows --> Preferences --> Android. I select a different Target Name like "Android 2.2". I click Apply and OK. When I go back in the build target is still "Android 1.5".

I am using Eclipse Galileo and have recently upgrade to the latest ADT Plugin and SDK.

This always worked before the upgrade. Any ideas on why Eclipse is not changing the "project build target"?

Thanks

If anyone (as i) come across this problem, you can try opening the "project.properties" file and change the target there.

It may result in some strange problems with it not being able to find the R file, but after changing it back and forth a few times (the default.properties was fiddled with too i think?), the regular way of changing targets began working again.

Upvote 0
If anyone (as i) come across this problem, you can try opening the "project.properties" file and change the target there.

It may result in some strange problems with it not being able to find the R file, but after changing it back and forth a few times (the default.properties was fiddled with too i think?), the regular way of changing targets began working again.

Thanks RKOvlesen :)
Note that this worked for me only after I removed the previous classpath folder from the project (Android 2.2 in my case) and restarted Eclipse.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones