• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email icon with "new" count?

mikep554

Jun 9, 2010
I am looking at some of the alternative launchers that are out there, mostly launcherpro but also home++.

I am able to live without most of the HTC Sense widgets, with two exceptions. I use Exchange ActiveSync but I also connect to an IMAP account , so I find HTC's email icon that has a combined unread message count to be quite handy. Also, the HTC "messages" icon has a counter for unread SMS messages. Neither of those work under LauncherPro.

I believe the email app is an HTC custom app, so I'm thinking it is unlikely that anything from the app market is going to be able to provide the same unified unread count on the icon. I would like to stick with HTC's email app as I like having both my email accounts in one place. I'm guessing it's the same story with the "messages" app, although I'm thinking I could just install a new standalone SMS app to deal with that issue.

Any ideas on the email?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones