• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email Problem

jazzdan

Lurker
Nov 5, 2009
Hey all,

I use Roller Network for my email hosting. Their server information can be found here: https://acc.rollernet.us/help/mailbox.php

I use SSL over port 993 with username/password authentication enabled to connect to the imap server (mailbox.rollernet.us). That connects fine, and I can receive email through it.

I use TLS over port 587 with username/password authentication enabled to connect to the smtp server (smtpauth.rollernet.us). That connects fine, but when I try to send email over it it throws a 'Connection Error' on the top of the outbox in Android 2.0's mail app.

My username is my email address. These settings work just fine with Outlook 2007, Mail.app and my iPod Touch's mail application. Does anyone have any ideas as to why I can't send email through my Droid?

Thanks so much!
Jazzdan

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones