Email program that works with Exchange ActivesyncTips

Last Updated:

1. sloanthebone

sloanthebone Member This Topic's Starter

Since the Evo has a bug with activesync causing the phone to constantly reboot if you shut it off and turn it back on, is there another problem I can download to work with Exchange to replace the Android activesync program until its fixed?

Advertisement
  2. ahahn

ahahn Member

yeah, touchdown works fine.

3. Lappie2010

Lappie2010 Member

I havent experienced this issue and I use Exchange Sync on mine. Email, Contacts and Calender.

4. dest

dest Member

I haven't had that problem either.

5. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

I've had no problems either but at the same time, I am all about alternatives. I hate how I need to use "Mail" for Exchange emails and "Gmail" for Gmail. One thing I preferred on the Pre was how it combined different mail accounts (and SMS/Google Talk as well). This isn't a dealbreaker but any apps that let me combine the two would be appreciated.

6. paradox183

paradox183 Well-Known Member

You can setup Gmail accounts in the Mail app.

7. SARC

SARC Active Member

There was some progress on this rebooting topic on another thread. Most Exchange servers force the phone to set the keylock when you set up the exchange account. The issue is if you set your lock password to contain ONLY numbers, then power off and on, your phone goes into the Sprint 4G welcome screen death spiral. If you set your lock password to have numbers AND letters, this doesn't happen so you can happily use Exchange Activesync to connect to your work email as it was supposed to be in Android........ unless like me, you get past the welcome screen death spiral and then your exchange calendar won't sync and you have to install touchdown anyway :-(