• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help email? what email?

uchi

Jun 14, 2010
since 2.1 has entered my life the phones ability to retrieve email has been crap. thats putting it nicely. im running juice defender like i was with 1.6. but on 1.6 id still get email through out the day. 2.1 isnt quite as happy to check my hotmail and most of the time i have to check it manually and even then sometimes it wont pop up for several hours. its set to check every 15 minutes, ive tried every 5 and even every 30 and sometimes itll get a handful of emails at once, sometimes i can go a few days without checking it and when i finally do itll retieve emails from a few days back. im using the original email software and im a little lost with it. 1.6 was good for this, 2.1 seems to have botched it pretty good. anyone else having these issues? anything i can do to resolve them?

since 2.1 has entered my life the phones ability to retrieve email has been crap. thats putting it nicely. im running juice defender like i was with 1.6. but on 1.6 id still get email through out the day. 2.1 isnt quite as happy to check my hotmail and most of the time i have to check it manually and even then sometimes it wont pop up for several hours. its set to check every 15 minutes, ive tried every 5 and even every 30 and sometimes itll get a handful of emails at once, sometimes i can go a few days without checking it and when i finally do itll retieve emails from a few days back. im using the original email software and im a little lost with it. 1.6 was good for this, 2.1 seems to have botched it pretty good. anyone else having these issues? anything i can do to resolve them?

While maybe not much help... I have switched over to K9 mail from the Market.

I find it quite reliable. I do not have hotmail but my son does and it seems to be working ok.

Upvote 0
Note, I also run Juice Defender on 2.1

While I use K9 mail... it has a setting the 'allows background sync'. I have this selected.

I do not have any accounts in the stock email app to check for this same setting but it is probably there or something like that. I think this setting will go and check for emails in the background even if the Juice defender is running.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones