• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email

Prso9

Jun 12, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
I have been using the stock email app and since the ICS upgrade and the phone automatically set the email up as IMAP. The problems I was having with IMAP is that I was unable to select 'delete from server' as Sony have now advised me that this is not an option on IMAP. The other problem I had was the frequency of incoming emails was set to be checked was every 5mins. If I go into my emails when I finish work at 5pm, there are no new emails, but as soon as I choose refresh, the emails start filtering through. So to resolve my first problem about deleting emails from the server, Sony advised that I should change to POP3. I therefore changed to POP3 hoping that my issue of new emails not updating themselves would resolve itself. Not only do the emails still not update automatically every 5mins, I am now getting 'No Server Connection'.

Is anyone else having the same problem that they are having to manually check for new emails? I never had this problem on gingerbread

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones