• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

epic 4 G battery going for days

Upvote 0
DRM is a licensed service to protect copywrited software, "Digital Rights Management" service.

I took mine out a while back and have as yet seen no ill effects (rooted Fascinate).

The Customer Is Always Wrong: A User's Guide to DRM in Online Music | Electronic Frontier Foundation

Digital Rights Management (DRM)

So, what action does it perform that depletes the batteries on certain Epics? And, any idea why turning this off doesn't work in all circumstances?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip. I did what you said after my phone had a full charge at 5pm yesterday. I've now been unplugged for 21hr and 22 min and still at 45% power. This is with about 15 texts, 4 phone calls (36 minutes total), 22 minutes browsing, 10 hrs wi-fi use, and auto brightness. I never really tracked exact before, but I know that's a huge improvement. Oh yeah, my gps has been on the whole time too. This is all 3g, as I don't have 4g. Thanks again!

I am glad this works for you...

Upvote 0
I own an EVO, but my wife has a Epic so i am responding to the "What doe DRM do?" question.

My understanding is that DRM is basically a type of encryption method for media such as music and videos. This basically keeps other devices(other brands) from being able to read content(media) such as different DVD players may not be able to read certain DRM formated DVDs. Basically it prevents Cross access to media.

Why this is on an ANDROID phone is beyond my understanding. I am running an HTC EVO and I have a DRM app that was running on it as well. I disabled it to see if i see any improvement on my EVO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones