• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris battery work on the Incredible?

If you look near the beginning he's basing it off of "they look the same in pictures" and "it wouldn't make sense for it not to be".

Don't buy one. Hell, with printers every new one has a different cartridge lol. Not to mention as I said earlier htc makes many phones and NKT said it probably was the size of the touch pro 2 and he knows more about this thing than most people here via his job. I'm not saying it's impossible it shares the same battery as the eris, but the evidence suggests it doesn't so there is no point in buying them now without confirmation.

At the bottom of the listing, they posted a response to a question about that. The listing says it will work for the Incredible, but take that for what it's worth.

I do really like that it comes with that external charger for the battery. If I get a second battery, I'm definitely getting an external charger for it.

Upvote 0
I posted this in another thread but this one looks like it could use the info too.

I used digital calipers to take the measurements. They are: 65.00mm x 43.80mm x 4.30mm.
If someone else has an Eris and some good calipers, we could compare notes.

img1284a.jpg

Note in the next pic the two notches in the left and right corners of the battery. They line up with two tabs on the battery slot. Any replacement battery will need these notches to work. Also notice the moisture sensor on the right of the battery.
img1286x.jpg

Some more info on the battery back:

Model #: BTR6300B
3.7 VDC
1300mAh
4.81 Whr (watt/hour?) Li-ion polymer battery
Phone model: ADR6300VW

Is the Eris battery covered in a thin metal? The Inc. battery is.

Just measured with some nice digital calipers from work and I confirm 65.00mm x 43.80mm x 4.30mm

My Eris battery says:
Model #: BTR6200B
3.7 VDC
1300mAh
4.81 Whr (watt/hour?) Li-ion polymer battery
Phone model: ADR6200VW

The Eris has thin metal under the black wraping

EDIT: the notches and moisture dot look to be in the correct location as well

Sounds like a fit to me!

Upvote 0
Read batteryboss.org first, you might be suprised at how the seidio batteries fair against their competition.

This is absolute JUNK. No factual information whatsoever from this person. He doesn't test 50 of the same batteries. He tests 1. And there are NUMEROUS factors to how the battery performs. Not enough evidence to prove it just based off of 1 battery.

Upvote 0
I think the 1750 battery is a complete waste of money, I got 2 TP2 1500 batteries with charger for $15 on Ebay and they are great in my Eris giving at least an extra 10% of life at the end of the day.

If you are going to spend $50 get the 2150mah battery with the new cover the cover is supose to be only 1mm thicker (which IMO will give the Incredible a more firm feel to it as I think it's a little on the thin size) plus it's an OEM battery and you most likely will be much happier with it

Just giving my 2cents

Upvote 0
And why do you come to their defense in every post where its mentioned? Almost seems as if you have something at stake. What makes that battery worth $50 compared to other batteries? Because they claim to use japanese cells? It says right on the battery its assembled in taiwan, last i knew japan wasn't located in taiwan. But maybe times have changed, i don't keep track of the japanese like i used to ;)

Upvote 0
I think the 1750 battery is a complete waste of money, I got 2 TP2 1500 batteries with charger for $15 on Ebay and they are great in my Eris giving at least an extra 10% of life at the end of the day.

If you are going to spend $50 get the 2150mah battery with the new cover the cover is supose to be only 1mm thicker (which IMO will give the Incredible a more firm feel to it as I think it's a little on the thin size) plus it's an OEM battery and you most likely will be much happier with it

Just giving my 2cents

+1 Quoted for Truth

Upvote 0
It was actually the 1500mah TP2 Battery, that I use in my Eris

After reading BatteryBoss.ORG the HTC OEM 1500mah sounds like a better route than the 1750 by Seidio.

It looks like Seidio batteries achieve around 80% of what they are rated, whereas OEM acheive a 95% +

This would put a 1750mAh battery really around 1400mAh, and an HTC OEM around 1450. And after reading users experiences, it sounds like HTC OEM batteries have a greater durability! Sooo, the choice is easy for me :D

However, I'll let you all make your own decision:rolleyes: Just my .02

Upvote 0
Some people have extra money they like to throw away so more power to em lol

Throw away? dont be so judgemental. If the 1750 gives the boost its rated too, and it doesnt need the bigger battery door then it is a good investment. Espicially if you are looking to get a full body case. Dollars to doughnuts Seidio sells this under the Incredible accessories as soon as they get the page set up.

Regarding the tests. I have owned seidio batteries for my Xv6700, my HTC touch and my palm treo. They have all worked as advertised.

Upvote 0
One is red, one is black... They are not identical.. 8) So verizon is out of stock on the Eris and TP2 batteries.. Darn, I have to order online to get my 25% discount. I am sticking with OEM batts from now on. The Seidio battery I bought for my TP does not last as long as my stock batt.. Now, I bought one a couple of years ago for my XV6700 and it was great..

So I may be stopping by a store to get an Eris battery if they do not get them up on VZW soon. I bet they charge a lot more for the red electrical tape covering..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones