• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

eris digitizer replacement gone bad!

i recently let my local cell phone repair my eris that had a broken digitizer, took about a week. when i went to pay for it I noticed that when i tried to press settings it would press internet (right above settings). so i paid for the phone and went on my way.

about twenty minutes later while i'm trying to type a txt message the screen starts touching in an area where i hadn't touched. i set the phone down and watched it begin to go into a spaztic spiral of self inflicted screen taps , when i wasn't touching it.

called the guy will have ANOTHER replacement screen by weeks end, just wondering

could there be a reason besides the digitizer that the phone would do such things? i'm contemplating taking the phone apart and checking all the cables. O, after i noticed the problem i rooted and flashed kaosfroyo v38 onto the phone.. it gets worse as the day goes on but seems to get slightly better when it is plugged into the charger/usb. any advice will help..

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones