• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris keypad locks up constantly after upgrade

So far my Eris 2.1 update (Verizon) is working very well. No lockups at all yet, although I had an occasional lockup with v1.5. Also, one needs to go into the new PC Connection menu and change the setting to Disk Drive and reboot in order for the phone to be recognized as a drive by your computer. No need to mount as before.

I have noticed no lack of performance, and the phone is now much faster when changing from portrait to landscape views.

The Music Player also sounds much improved over that of v1.5. I no longer hear any skipping as before. Sound quality is much more like a high-end DAP.

So far, I am very pleased with the update and the added capabilities.

Ron

Upvote 0
Our dialer on the Hero is exhibiting similar behavior... mine will take FOREVER (45 seconds to 2 minutes) after making a call to re-dial another number. Sometimes, I give up on it making a call and turn off the screen.... only to hear the ringing sitting on my desk two minutes after I put it down, when I'm doing something else. It sucks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones