• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

xScorch Muffinx

Jan 12, 2010
This problem seems to only happen when I shut down my phone and turn it back on.
So, what happens is when my phone turns back on and I wait a few seconds I get force close notifications for the phone, contacts, and all other apps (all stock) that are used to run the phone properly.
I really need a solution or at the least some insight as to why this is happening.

The reason that I asked about apps is that even apps in the market can cause problems. If you have one that is conflicting with some of the stock apps then that would be your problem. Since the market is wide open, any app can be put out there for people to install. I have found a few apps that have caused conflicts with other apps on my phone. The reason I asked about the task killer is that some people use auto settings and don't block/ignore processes. If this did just start happening I would start looking at some of the new apps you have installed. You may want to start with the most recent and remove it. Then restart the phone and see if the problem continues. If it does then move on to the next app and do the same.

Upvote 0
Umm yea 188 is A LOT of apps to have on your phone. Like hookem said, take a loot at how much memory you have left.

When you restart/turn on the phone everything on the phone starts running. The reason you are probably getting force closes from those apps is that they can't run with all the other stuff trying to start up.

I would also recommend double checking your for size. Some of the apps you have installed as well as the stock apps are going to store cache. It will also help to clear that.

Upvote 0
188 apps? how did you do that? i have like 78 or something and only have 30megs left...

my dads phone was doing some thing similar to this i fixed it buy taking a few things out of his autotask killer that the verizion guy installed for him....

i get random calls from him... "this phone sucks" lol he just takes time to get used to technology. i laugh at him but heck hes in his 60's rockin an Eris

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones