• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Error Message Unidentifiable

Hello. I owned the Incredible for a couple of years and never saw such an error. I wonder if it's an app you have installed that's nagging you. In any event, you will want to check in with the Incredible people and see if they have any suggestions.
Here is a link to that area: Incredible - Support and Troubleshooting - Android Forums Best of luck with your problem and thanks for joining these forums.

Reactions: Frisco
Upvote 0
Hey there

I have a Desire Z and I started having this error message yesterday - once last night, and once this morning. I updated a few apps yesterday whose names I can't remember, but I just installed the Sky+ record, Sky Sports News and Sky Sports Football apps yesterday. I have just uninstalled the Sky Sports News app, will try to let you know if the error remains.

Upvote 0
"error: handle billing command"

Anyone know where this message is coming from? Seemed like something I should address. Running Android Incredible.

Pardon me for bumping in but I am having the EXACT same problem as the thread-starter here.

Only difference is that I am on the HTC Sensation.

This issue occurred about 5-6 days ago for the first time.

Prior to the pop-up containing the message "error: handle billing command" I installed two apps from the Android Market called "Calendar Snooze" and "Calendar SnoozeKey" that are dependent on each other. Calendar Snooze is an app that adds functionality to the Android stock calendar which isn't present by default whereas Calendar SnoozeKey is downloaded, installed and paid for afterwards in order to get a working app for the calendar (the free app has limitations such as snoozing alarms up to only 6 hrs etc.).

When installing the Calendar SnoozeKey I paid and registered with my VISA-card. After doing so I hit the "refund" button by mistake reclaiming the payment from "Google Wallet" which is possible within the first 15 min after a purchase. Realizing this mistake I immediately repeated the purchase once more.

However the app never worked fully - it solely remained the free app with the before mentioned limitations to this very day.

Yesterday I checked with my bank which informed me that the money had been withdrawn all the way back on February 16th 2012 when I undertook the first and second purchase.

I have sent a second mail within the last 4 days to the developer's e-mail that is to be found under his app info in Google Market but haven't yet received any answer - at all...!

The problem is now that the pop-up too started appearing within the last days and I strongly suspect that there is some sort of connection. I have already tried to reboot the phone as well as uninstalled and re-installed both apps once but without any success.

I am a bit confused as to what I can do about the problem so that's why I wrote here since I saw the thread and that somebody had the same issue.

Any input is greatly appreciated and welcome so don't hold your horses. ;)

Upvote 0
Hey there

I have a Desire Z and I started having this error message yesterday - once last night, and once this morning. I updated a few apps yesterday whose names I can't remember, but I just installed the Sky+ record, Sky Sports News and Sky Sports Football apps yesterday. I have just uninstalled the Sky Sports News app, will try to let you know if the error remains.

OK I just saw the message again after downloading a file from dropbox and viewing it. Don't think it's anything to do with Dropbox as I've had that for ages without incident. I will now remove the Sky Sports Football app and see if that changes anything, although the fact that it is happening with people with different circumstances is leading me to believe that it is in fact an Android OS problem, rather than an app problem.

Upvote 0
That doesn't sound like an Android system error. When presented with oddball messages, the first thing I look at is if apps install any services for "additional" functionality. What that says to me is something malicious or at least, irritating. Give Addons Detector a whirl and see if any of your recently installed apps have installed more than you bargained for.

Reactions: Frisco and Finks
Upvote 0
That doesn't sound like an Android system error. When presented with oddball messages, the first thing I look at is if apps install any services for "additional" functionality. What that says to me is something malicious or at least, irritating. Give Addons Detector a whirl and see if any of your recently installed apps have installed more than you bargained for.

Hi, thanks for this... so how would I use it to determine which app is giving that error message? Is it under 'Push Notifications'?

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for this... so how would I use it to determine which app is giving that error message? Is it under 'Push Notifications'?

That would be the primary suspect, especially if the "error" appears at random times. A look through everything might be telling as well. People are usually surprised for find what they have allowed on their phones.

Reactions: Finks
Upvote 0
That would be the primary suspect, especially if the "error" appears at random times. A look through everything might be telling as well. People are usually surprised for find what they have allowed on their phones.

Oh wow, it DOES tell you a lot! And I've just seen the com.android.vending.BILLING permission, I wonder if this is where the error is coming from? Will have to do some trial and error and see. For anyone else experiencing the problem, the apps are:

Addons Detector (but it can't be this cos I just installed it to help deal with the issue:

Do It Tomorrow
Evernote
Keeper
WhatsApp
Where's My Droid
Words Free

I'll do a bit of troubleshooting and post back if I find anything that might be helpful. All the best to anyone else out there doing same, and do post if you have any of these apps above.

Upvote 0
Using Addons, I found the same permission, com.android.vending.BILLING, under these three apps:

Evernote
Where's My Droid
Words Free

So we have some similar apps, but that doesn't necessarily mean any of them are the culprits... especially since all of these apps have been on my phone since I got it and I'm just NOW seeing the message for the first time. Unlessssssss... did you edit your "Where's My Droid" account settings shortly before the problem started occurring?

Reactions: Finks
Upvote 0
Using Addons, I found the same permission, com.android.vending.BILLING, under these three apps:

Evernote
Where's My Droid
Words Free

...Unlessssssss... did you edit your "Where's My Droid" account settings shortly before the problem started occurring?

LOL Yes I did! I was gonna say something in previous post but thought it might be confusing! Yes I updated it yesterday, and then went in to update the security phrase and some other stuff... Haha but what would that have to do with billing :thinking:

So it must be Where's My Droid then?! :)

Reactions: dancollins
Upvote 0
Hi all, I have the exact same msg, from ur posts I think it's related to "where is my Droid" application bcoz I started getting the msg after the last update I did, I have HTC sensation,, the msg is appearing in random times, and if u go to the android market and see where is my Droid reviews ull see on the 21 of Feb a comment that says he has the same problem here.

Upvote 0
It's absolutely Where's My Droid then. I went through and linked it with My Google Account, and I have a feeling that's where the problem started occurring. Hmm. My fidget with the settings again?

I don't want to ruin the fun here but after using the "Addons Detector" app and scanning, the only addons I found for "Where's My Droid" are "AdMob, AdSense and PontiFlex". I too have updated this app a couple of days ago and used the new google account log-in feature for the website in order to control the phone if lost or similar.

So I do not see any billing etc. and there is no evidence of "Push Notifications" at all.

However when selecting "Licensing" I see the "Calendar Snooze Key" app and "Shazam" both listed with "Google Licensing Service".

So I put two and two together and guessed that "licensing" has something to do with "billing" which is the error message I am getting.

I don't know what that means or how this information can help but I sure do think that this is the culprit instead since I couldn't license the "Calendar Snooze Key" app due to the problems mentioned in my first post.

And since I only have the free version of Shazam this makes a lot of sense then.

Let me hear your take on this one...

Upvote 0
Hi all, I have the exact same msg, from ur posts I think it's related to "where is my Droid" application bcoz I started getting the msg after the last update I did, I have HTC sensation,, the msg is appearing in random times, and if u go to the android market and see where is my Droid reviews ull see on the 21 of Feb a comment that says he has the same problem here.

I think I agree it's Where's My Droid. I just reinstalled it the other day asks I'm jeering this error constantly. This is the only app I can think of that I just installed. :-\

Upvote 0
Okay, so although I cannot see the same results all the others here can see I just noticed that there was a new update for Wheres my Droid which listed "fixed billing message problem" as one of the new update features. I don't understand how some can get such different scan results while others don't using the same scanner of the "Addon detector" but let's see if this new update now doesn't get rid of the error message.

I'll post back here if so...

Upvote 0
Hello all and thanks for posting updates... I was about to just uninstall Where's My Droid tonight and see if I get the message tomorrow and post back in about 24hours. I think I will still do that. I've had the message a few times today already so I think 24 hours is a long enough time. I'll see what the feedback of this new update is before I re-install :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones