• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help error message

Claremont

Feb 5, 2014
Anyone ever get a message on their notification page or at the top of their screen where icons appear "your internet connection is unstable". What does this mean ? It happens at home when I am on wifi and also at times when I am a passenger in a car. Can anyone help?
Look forward to any responses.

The S4 has a "feature" where it checks your internet connection and decides if it is "good enough" or not. When you get that particular message, the S4 thinks that the internet connection isn't what it should be. This works in conjunction with a setting that will automatically switch your device to carrier data if it deems that your connection is too slow. I get this "unstable" notice quite often at the office where the wifi is sketchy. The wifi still works fine. I would recommend not setting the auto switch function on unless you have unlimited data, because it will frequently switch you from wifi to carrier data. It doesn't tell you it is switching, so you use carrier data unless you notice that it has switched.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones