• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ES File Explorer how to access c d e and other drives on your laptop and not just Bluetooth folder

normanp

Lurker
Aug 7, 2014
In ES File Explorer, how can I access the C, D, E and other drives on my laptop, and not just the Bluetooth Folder?

Right now, all I can see is the Bluetooth Folder on my laptop, under the Bluetooth icon in ES File Explorer. I've tried everything from sharing the other drives to a lot more, but they still don't show up in ES File Explorer. I'd like to copy files from the laptop to my Phone (Samsung Galaxy Tab 3) without the data cable.

Any advice on whats the right way to do this, or is this not possible at all. I'm running Android 4.1.2.

There are some old threads that show how to access certain folders off your Windows 7 pc using phone.
Highlights
@ make sure you have a password set on your pc
@ right click on directory of interest and make it available for sharing
@Go to Es File Explorer Lan screen and push "scan" to Find available servers
@if you're lucky, it will see the shared info and ask you for login info.

I may have left out a few steps going from memory (search af). I did have it working at one Time. Great to store media files on pc and play them on phone (save space on phone) and other things. It was flaky though.... Sometimes Windows didn't do exactly what it was supposed to and I had you set up the share again. Lately it hasn't been working for me at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones