• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ES FILE EXPLORER UNABLE TO TRANSFER FILES FROM PC TO PHONE

DL8698

Lurker
Aug 29, 2015
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 for nearly 2 years and used ES file explorer for transferring files to and from my PC and never had any problems from day 1. My S3 is rooted. I could transfer to and from PC and phone, both internal and external sd card.

However recently, I could not transfer files from PC to my S3. Always say "copy task failed". I can still transfer from phone to PC. This happens regardless of whether I am trying to transfer a folder with many files, or a single file or a group of files. I have just got a non rootedLG G3 with Lollipop, and same thing happens. Strangely, at random I chose 1 file to transfer from my PC to my S3 and that worked. Tried another file from same folder in PC and that failed to transfer!

Using teamviewer, I can transfer anything back and forth between my PC and phone, both internal and external sd card, so as far as I can see there is no problem concerning writing to my internal or external card. Looks like this is a problem with the app itself.

I will still use ES without being able to file transfer from PC, but would be nice if I can have this function restored. Used to be so convenient!

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones