• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ES File Explorer

tecknoes

Dec 19, 2013
I keep getting an error when trying to access my Dropbox account with ES File Explorer on my LG G2, it say that the password/user name is not correct, although I know it is correct as I tested it by logging in on a friends laptop.... no probs!

I tried to find a way of putting in a ticket to the app developer but can't find them on the 'net

Anyone out there had the same problem and maybe solved it????

Many thanks in advance for any replies

You can try to deauthorize the device in Drop box, that should trigger a different token requested by the app for verification. Dropbox settings/security section is where you will find authorized devices in a web browser. Deauthorize the tablet, go back into ES File Explorer and long press on the dropbox account under the Cloud tab. Delete the account, then add a new one to try again.

Upvote 0
Hi to anyone with this problem

I have had the same problem with Kingsoft Office, ES file Explorer and a couple of other apps saying "wrong User Name/password" when I knew it was correct.

Purely by chance I solved it... I've been using SlideIT keyboard app and I happened to put the LG keyboard back and all the apps accepted my User name/password without any problems, so it looks like there's something in the SlideIt keyboard that was causing the problem????

Hope this helps if anyone else has the same problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones