• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Everyone should get $30 credit!!!

Why do i get "Criteria for ***** promotion were not met; no discount was applied." when i try to use the promo code? I am doing a 2 yr agreement.
You have to call and ask them to credit your account, probably after you activate it. It would be a good idea to call before you order and see if they can place a note on your account to honor the credit.

Of course, all of this is dependent on them knowing about the code. They will either say it's for new customers only or have no idea about it whatsoever. If you're lucky, you'll get the 1% that will either take you for your word or be able to type in the URL.

Upvote 0
Why does every post mentioning price disregard tax? Perhaps because I'm in CA, but I paid $50 in tax (based off full price of phone) and any credits/discounts are more than helpful!

How much are you guys paying for tax on this phone?

With PA state tax I paid $6.00 tax. I feel so bad for you :(

I called and the guy said that I would have to MAIL the phone back, and then reorder the phone. So I said, "let me get this straight verizon would pay double shipping instead of letting you credit 30 dollars to my account?" He said "Yes ma'am."

Interesting... LOL

Upvote 0
ugh what number u calling? i tried *611, CSR is saying she's never heard of it. Her supervisor is saying the same thing. Keep calling?
*611 is telesales and won't know promo codes.
1 800 711 7773 is customer service
1 866 338 7390 is internet sales

Try internet sales. It might take a few calls to get a good rep.

I called and the guy said that I would have to MAIL the phone back, and then reorder the phone. So I said, "let me get this straight verizon would pay double shipping instead of letting you credit 30 dollars to my account?" He said "Yes ma'am."

Interesting... LOL
I said the same thing and they still wouldn't budge. It doesn't make any sense. Send a letter to their executives. Here are the ones whose email didn't bounce back:
Code:
Bob Barish
Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
robert.barish@verizon.com
One Verizon Way
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920-1097
ph: 908-559-1629
fx: 908-696-2156

Holyce Hess Groos
Vice President & CFO
One Verizon Way
holly.hess@verizon.com
ph: 908-559-5507 (direct)

Suleiman Hessami
Vice President
Pricing & Contract Management
22001 Loudon County Parkway
Ashburn, VA 20147
suleiman.hessami@verizonbusiness.com
ph: 703-886-2017 (Pam picks up)
fx: 703-886-0116

Jerry Holland
Vice President
CLEC Operations
175 Park Avenue Rm 125
Madison, NJ 07940
jerry.holland@verizon.com
ph: 973-350-5111
fx: 973-660-1065

Virginia Ruesterholz
President
Verizon Telecom
One Verizon Way
virginia.p.ruesterholz@verizon.com
ph: 908-559-1069 (Diane picks up)
fx: 908-696-2135

Joseph Russo
Vice President
Service Assistance Support
One Verizon Way
joseph.j.russo@verizon.com
ph: 908-559-2266 (Robin picks up)
fx: 908-696-2175

Tom Tauke
Executive Vice President
Public Affairs, Policy & Communications
140 West Street, 29th Fl
New York, NY 10007
thomas.j.tauke@verizon.com
ph: 212-395-1032
fx: 908-696-2036

Upvote 0

Attachments

• SMART30.png
    SMART30.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: paimon.soror
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I talked to the sales representative yesterday. She told me that the code only valid after June 1st.
I didn't give her a hard time after that.

i called customer service and he told me that if i was able to get it, and he wasn't sure, that it would be available may 1st. so i sent them an e-mail to customer service (billing problems) as follows and received their answer included below:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Primary Subject: Phones and Accessories
Secondary Subject: Phone Rebate
Message Body: i installed a new line (202-604-xxxx) HTC Droid Incredible bought on-line. all my buds are telling me they are getting a $30.00 off coupon called SMART30 Coupon Code. (http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/68480-save-30-incredible-verizonwireless-com-3.html)
since this is a new line/activation and i am also a long-time customer like my buds, can you apply the same coupon code to my account? i am loyal verizon and love verizon.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Good evening Mr. xxxxxxx,

My name is Tia and I thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. I can definitely understand your concern with receiving the $30 credit as you've purchased a Droid Incredible by HTC. I will be more than happy to assist you today.

The $30 credit was offered exclusively to online shoppers who entered the promotional code given. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. As a courtesy to you for you many years of service with us Mr. xxxxxx, I've issued a $30 credit to your account. You will see this credit reflected on your May 7th invoice. I hope the information I have provided has been helpful.

It has been a pleasure assisting you today. We appreciate the time you have taken to contact us. You are a valued customer, and we appreciate the opportunity to service your wireless needs. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless since 1999.

Sincerely,

Tia
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones