• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO 4g Successor EVO 3D (BSOD Thread)

Did you also know that some of Qualcomm work is contracted out to TriQuint. I work in Hillsboro, OR. at place called (PTD) Portland Technology Development at Intel corporation (Fab D1D). Anyway, back to TriQuint there semiconductor fab is located right behind our fab. I think it might have to do with us being located in a silicon forest or something? Some of the conversation you can have with those TriQuint guys over launch is amazing. Get back on point here. Namely the Wifi radio and our beloved 4G radio for EVO 4G was manufactured at TriQuant(Who knew?). Wouldn't you know some of the silicon being contracted out for manufacturing for EVO 3D is being handled at TriQuint as well. Amazing! Whoo Knew!!!

I knew

22dlA5ZuptWCyvTX.huge

The chip in the cyan colored border is TriQuint's - TQM613029 CDMA PA Duplexer for cellular
(thanks ifixit)

Upvote 0
I would be surprised if the Evo 3D doesn't do all that. Considering the Atrix does, it would be a real disappointment if the next Evo did not.

Even if the Evo 3D can't "do all that" out of the box, I have high confidence that it would once rooted, and that's good enough for me.

Evo 3D is already getting some criticism for the placement of the charge port (left side) especially when all indications are that the kickstand case places the left edge on the bottom, so you can't charge and prop your phone up at the same time. But the rumor mill says that the reason for the charge port's location may be due to the phone's ability to fit into a future dock.

Aside from a car, I don't really care to dock my phone. There's no need to keep it upright inside the home. If I'm doing HDMI mirroring, I don't want or need the phone in a dock. A simple cable to the TV is fine, or, as EarlyMon suggested, some connection sans wire would be the ideal. Then I can have the phone in my pocket and still use it. But the key here is the support for HID devices. I suspect it'll be a root-only thing, but who knows. It really should go hand in hand with the mirroring.

Upvote 0
She said that in one of the videos; but typically movie distributors frown on such (DRM and all) so I wonder how they address their concerns.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

I believe the Evo 3D supports full mirroring. At least that's what I remember when Hannah (Sprint rep) demo'd the Evo. So if full mirroring is now a stock feature, doesn't it make sense to support HIDs out of the box as well? If it's there, I'd say I prefer the Evo's method of projecting to a large screen over the Atrix's docking method.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones