• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help EVO defaults to speaker mode: defect or not?

yea im having the same problem.

2nd phone too. REplaced the phone last time. Now the new one is doing the same thing.

And i hard reset. Erased everything. In fact the contact back up didnt even work. It corrupted for some reason so yay i lost all my contacts too. Sweet!

Yea i liked this phone, until now. WTF?

This is the 2nd phone that has done this.

The old one, eventually actually stopped working all together after a few weeks of car mode and speaker.

This new one isnt doing car mode so much, but the speaker is all the time now.

Upvote 0
Try this (worked for me): clear data in "phone" app and reboot phone:

settings> applications> manage applications> "All" tab> Phone> clear data

then reboot phone

Thanks...yes this worked for me....without even having to reboot phone
Although i did also change at same time the Dock Mode clearing of data in manage applications...so not sure which one fixed it...or both?

Upvote 0
Hi,
I had this problem. brand new phone started doing it after about a day. I agree with some of the earlier posts that this issue is caused by the phone thinking it is docked or something. I had the navigation program trying to access GPS but I was not letting it connect so it was just sitting there in the background. I think this caused the phone to act like it was in a car. I would also guess that there are a number of other apps which make the phone do this.
- I pulled down the quick links bar and opened the navigator through there.
- It wanted to connect to GPS but needed me to enable it (i.e. go to settings)
- I went through and enabled it (despite having no GPS link setup) which allowed me to go back to navigatior and exit propperly (just clicking cancel was not exiting this program and the symbol was still in the corner)
- The next call i made worked fine.

Upvote 0
READ THIS POST!!!
Ok, yesterday, my phone simultaneously began exhibiting the following 3 problems:
1. couldn't adjust the headphone volume when using headphones for music.
2. would go on speaker when either receiving or making a call without headphones.
3. wouldn't charge effectively. (charged to about 60% during the whole night I was sleeping).

Here's what I just did, and the problem is fixed.
I plugged the charger in and removed it about 10 times.
this appeared to have a cleaning effect on one of the contacts inside the phone.
So, before anyone goes crazy doing hard resets, deleting all kinds of apps, etc, try this. My problem is fixed now.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones