Evo Email Explained???Support

Last Updated:

1. drmull

drmull Member This Topic's Starter

Hi - I can't figure out how the email inbox works on the Evo. I want the emails in my inbox to hang around for a while, so I went into the settings and selected 30 days as the download option.

There was a message sent on 10/23 that disappeared today. I read it again this morning, but by 6pm I noticed it was gone. Not moved to the trash, just gone. I really wanted this one to stay in the inbox.

Emails seem to disappear on a regular basis... they don't always go away as quickly as the one just mentioned.

Is it possible to set Android to retain the inbox emails indefinitely...at least until I decide they should go away?? I assume I'm doing something wrong! Sprint is the carrier, BTW. The email server is Comcast. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

are you set up as an exchange server?

3. branmala1986

branmala1986 Member

I had this happen with my hotmail account one time, make sure in the email settings on the computer that when you are set up to sync with your evo or any other program (outlook ect.) that it keeps a copy of the email on the server (comcast) and doesn't delete once your phone has it.

4. drmull

drmull Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks -

Not set up as an exchange server, BTW.

It seems a box was checked in Outlook Express I don't remember selecting. I had checked "Leave a copy of messages on the server" but the box to "Remove from server after 5 days" was also checked. Hmmm...I guess unchecking that will fix the problem, right??

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

it should. outlook is removing the email...so your phone doesn't see it anymore