• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO Hotspot Issues with WiFi iPad?

I

irwinm

So I've been testing the Sprint Mobile Hotspot feature in my building downtown where I am getting a 4G signal. It's great with my Macbook Pro (showing around 2.7-3 Mbs on speedtest which is consistent with the phone's speed inside the building), but while I have no problem connecting also to my iPhone and iPad, each of those is significantly slower throughput on the download (averaging 0.3 - 0.4 Mbs). I've tried doing each separately so it's not a bandwidth issue, but to no avail - is there something about the settings on the iPad and iPhone Wifi radios that causes this difference?

I don't care about the iPhone but one of the considerations for getting the EVO was using it as a hotspot for my WiFi iPad. Anyone else having better luck with the EVO hotspot and the iPad?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones