• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo or Droid X

Status
Not open for further replies.
i do love the evo and it's looks (got a dinc currently). got my wife the Dx (should be getting it tomorrow), but i played with it last sun. the Dx is very thin and felt better in the hands. the hump didn't really bother me especially how light and thin the other parts are. i like both phones...if evo was on verizon, i would've chosen it.

Upvote 0
Damn...Gizmodo CRUSHED the Droid X!

Motorola Droid X Review

Damn what a harsh review. Sounded like a liberal feminist point of view LOL. Geez I think the EVO is better but this review makes the DROID seem like its a pile of sh_t. It cant be that bad, in fact I think the DROID X is far from that bad. But oh well :rolleyes:.

Upvote 0
Damn...Gizmodo CRUSHED the Droid X!

Motorola Droid X Review
Anybody else not understand a word this guy was talking about. lol

The X's video looked terrible when compared to the other devices as well as the photo's. I loved how people were saying this was going to be so much better then the EVO even before it was out........Well, guess the EVO haters were wrong.

Did people really think the X would be that good. It is Motorola for heaven's sake!

Well those those switching to the X, enjoy your second class device paying a first class price on Verizon....

Upvote 0
Damn what a harsh review. Sounded like a liberal feminist point of view LOL. Geez I think the EVO is better but this review makes the DROID seem like its a pile of sh_t. It cant be that bad, in fact I think the DROID X is far from that bad. But oh well :rolleyes:.

Here is the review for the EVO from the same guy
HTC Evo 4G Review: A War Machine

He seems to like the EVO

Upvote 0
I spent some time yesterday with a friend that swapped his DINC for a X.
1.) The phone is lighter but its way bigger then the EVO.
2.) The buttons on the X feel really cheap (something we both didnt like).
3.) The pictures are WORSE on the X then the EVO. Yes i said worse! My friend said its getting some update that will fix it but idk?
4.) Doing side by side tests the phone is no faster then the EVO. My Evo is no faster then the X.
5.) Being the first day we couldnt get a good feel for how battery life will be.
6.) The software on the X SUCKS!!!!! Wow does it suck!
7.) Its locked down. I like to root my phone and play around with it and if i had the X i would be scared to death to do anything with it.

If you went to a X from a EVO it would be like taking 1 step forward and 3 steps back.

Upvote 0
I happen to like the x. I'm just not a fan of motorola. I also don't like the physical buttons on the x, no 4g, no ffc, no sense (lol). I honestly don't notice my evo being sluggish or slow to do anything, so a few milliseconds faster means absolutely nothing to me as do the benchmarks.

What is frustrating though is how much more dominant the Evo could have been with just a little more refinement. I'm happy with it overall though and certainly don't wasn't anything else over it that's out right now. Want to go play with an x though just because.

Upvote 0
What is frustrating though is how much more dominant the Evo could have been with just a little more refinement. I'm happy with it overall though and certainly don't wasn't anything else over it that's out right now. Want to go play with an x though just because.

This is why I just got an X with only a one-year contract. I think the next EVO will have most of the bugs worked out and will be absolutely incredible and I didn't want to be stuck with an X for two years.

Upvote 0
I spent some time yesterday with a friend that swapped his DINC for a X.
1.) The phone is lighter but its way bigger then the EVO.
2.) The buttons on the X feel really cheap (something we both didnt like).
3.) The pictures are WORSE on the X then the EVO. Yes i said worse! My friend said its getting some update that will fix it but idk?
4.) Doing side by side tests the phone is no faster then the EVO. My Evo is no faster then the X.
5.) Being the first day we couldnt get a good feel for how battery life will be.
6.) The software on the X SUCKS!!!!! Wow does it suck!
7.) Its locked down. I like to root my phone and play around with it and if i had the X i would be scared to death to do anything with it.

If you went to a X from a EVO it would be like taking 1 step forward and 3 steps back.

I was one of these "Evo haters"....i don't really hate the EVO, i hate HTC
and overall Worse is subjective to the user...

and i did say the X was going to be better than the Evo BEFORE it was released and overall, i do hold that same belief...it is better than the EVO for me

Verizon is a lot more reliable than Sprint for me which makes up 60% of my decision

and then aside from the lack of a FFC(i dont see the video chat taking off till 2011...late) and 4g(which technically i never use network speeds...i am always on wi-fi) and the buttons, it is better to me.

Overall, it seems a lot faster than my old Evo...I have been playing with the Evo and ehhh i'll say what i said before...THE EVO AND X are compatible with one another...I am going to go play with the Vibrant today since my friend, Scottie wants one

Upvote 0

and i did say the X was going to be better than the Evo BEFORE it was released and overall, i do hold that same belief...it is better than the EVO for me

Verizon is a lot more reliable than Sprint for me which makes up 60% of my decision

and then aside from the lack of a FFC(i dont see the video chat taking off till 2011...late) and 4g(which technically i never use network speeds...i am always on wi-fi) and the buttons, it is better to me.

Overall, it seems a lot faster than my old Evo...I have been playing with the Evo and ehhh i'll say what i said before...THE EVO AND X are compatible with one another...I am going to go play with the Vibrant today since my friend, Scottie wants one

that's the nice thing about the evo, you DON'T need to be on wifi to get hi end speeds.

Upvote 0
I happen to like the x. I'm just not a fan of motorola. I also don't like the physical buttons on the x, no 4g, no ffc, no sense (lol). I honestly don't notice my evo being sluggish or slow to do anything, so a few milliseconds faster means absolutely nothing to me as do the benchmarks.

CM6 Froyo basically takes the EVO from what it could have been, to what it is supposed to be. No need to wait a year for EVO 2, cyanogen is totally unlocking this phone into a MONSTER.

Upvote 0

You still here

Upvote 0
I called shenanigans on a previous pre-release review that showed that somehow the Droid X would get 2.2 video performance out of a 2.1 build - along with the other features.

Let's all remember as we move forward that:
  • The corporations making these phones aren't our personal friends.
  • When something looks too good to be true, be skeptical.

The reviewer for this later article tried to fairly mention that he had a pre-release model and maybe its sluggishness would be fixed by release. It flies in the face of the pre-release for Android Central being mind-numbingly fast.

As I mentioned from the get-go - it wasn't the Droid X I was hating on - it's the whole process of setting expectations with pre-release models especially when their outcomes defy common sense but get wrapped in semiconductor buzzwords.

In tech, we call it TANSTAAFL - there ain't no such thing as a free lunch (tan-staff-ull).

Meanwhile, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the folks that got the Droid X will very soon - and us as well - receive some nice software upgrades to unlock the true hardware potential.

We're all paying top dollar for these devices - it's not Evo vs. X, it's us consumers vs. the corporations taking our dough.

In my opinion.

(A public service announcement from your watchdog. ;) )

Upvote 0
I don't own a EVO or DROID X but i get to play with the evo once in a while since my girlfriend has one but i stop by the verizon just to check out the X and to me its ok but the EVO just has a better over all look and feel,the X look some what cheap and faded but i don't think the droid line is not ment to be a elegant line of phones with the commercials and the way its advertise.

Upvote 0
#1 IMHO the Droid X is U-G-L-Y. Like an ugly version of a HD2. I really think the Evo is the sharpest phone out there.

#2 Verizon is way too pricey for service.

In all honesty the HD2 is a better looking phone. I had the HD2 for about 1 month, paid the 200 cancellation fee and went with sprint. Definitely not because of the cheaper look the EVO has. I tried that WM crap and couldnt take the constant lag and freezing. I was hesitant at first since they merged with nextel and nextel had the WORSE text service i have ever seen (receiving text messages 2 days later). I did some research by asking friends about the service and they had no complaints, nor do i....now. Best rates out there, best phone out there.

EVO whips the $h!t out of DROID X due to the efuse.

Are you typing this on your EVO? Just saying because when I use swype and want to type "want", it types "wasn't"

Upvote 0
You gotta be kidding me right? She's a cute girl that knows great nerd stuff like smartphones / android and you want to get rid of her?!?!?!

I'm confused... where I come from thats usually called a "jackpot" ;)

Haha lol thank you :)

He/she is mad because i have no problem pointing out the flaws of the Evo(and now my Droid X) and apparently by giving a completely unbiased opinion of it, i am a troll

haha there is a whole thread of me arguring with like 8 idiotic people on why i said what i said about a phone

but thanks hon :)

Upvote 0
If thats the case she is hotter then minnie mouse. Come on dude just let go. Agree to disagree and be done with it. This is a decent thread lets try not to lock it up.

awww and i love minnie mouse

but yeah seriously i do think the best thing is to agree to disagree and not bring up a thread from like a week, week and a half ago

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones