• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Evo problems

Hi everyone so i have the evo and i sent it out for service but the problem continues and its worst. My phone turns on and off constantly. This started as soon as i put my sd card in. Now it does it whether theres an SD card in or out of the phone and half of my stuff got deleted off the sd card. So i dont know what to do? i have insurance through best buy and they have treated me so bad.( even tried to charge me for a battery). I just put my sprint insurance on my phone.

any suggestions, thanks!
:(

how old is it? give us a little more background.

if you are within the 30 days just return it and go to a different best buy and buy another one

what all have they tried to do to resolve

and clarify on and off..does it completely turn off then back on or is it showing the white screen boot screen etc.

more info please

Upvote 0
how old is it? give us a little more background.

if you are within the 30 days just return it and go to a different best buy and buy another one

what all have they tried to do to resolve

and clarify on and off..does it completely turn off then back on or is it showing the white screen boot screen etc.

more info please

i got the phone in July 2010, when the phone is on the screen with 4G comes out and goes to load for the phone to go to the main screen and then shuts off. And does this over and over They said they replaced the back housing but totally disregarded the fact that its still turns on and off randomly

Upvote 0
Very odd. Have you spoken with management, or called the 800 customer satisfaction number?

Of course if you have added the sprint insurance you have the option of taking it in to a sprint repair store too

and that best buy insurance is monthly...you might consider cancelling that based off of your experiences with them

Upvote 0
Call HTC directly. I do not have the insurance thru Sprint or anyone else.
HTC warranty is for one year.
My EVO was just under 90 days old and was rebooting just as you described.
HTC was very helpful, had me do a factory reset (which I had already tried anyway) and then asked me to call back if it continued to reboot. When it did a short time later, I called them back and got an RMA number. Cost me $15 to USPS Priority Mail with insurance and delivery confirmation to send it to HTC in Texas. I had it back in two weeks after they replaced the main board under warranty at no cost.

The only gripe I have is the capacitive buttons on the bottom of the screen rarely ever light up anymore. But if the reboots stay away I can live with the lights being off - not worth the hassle to send back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones