• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Evo Rooting Questions

mylesbee707

Lurker
Jul 22, 2010
Hi , My name is Myles and i am new. I joined the forum to find out more about HTC Evo things and what are good Apps, Widgets, Games, etc to download.

So , i have just gotten my HTC EVO 4G 5 gays ago and I AM LOVING IT !! But , as i was searching all over the internet, the word "Rooting" came up a lot. So i figured , "hey ! why not try it?!" I wanna try and use UnrEVOked but I know nothing about Rooting and such.

So , My questions are:

1) What will rooting do to my phone?

2) Will it void my warranty?

3) Is it only temporary?

4) Will it help me save battery life?

5) What are other features of rooting?

THANK YOU FOR THE FUTURE HELP !!!

Hi , My name is Myles and i am new. I joined the forum to find out more about HTC Evo things and what are good Apps, Widgets, Games, etc to download.

So , i have just gotten my HTC EVO 4G 5 gays ago and I AM LOVING IT !! But , as i was searching all over the internet, the word "Rooting" came up a lot. So i figured , "hey ! why not try it?!" I wanna try and use UnrEVOked but I know nothing about Rooting and such.

So , My questions are:

1) What will rooting do to my phone?

2) Will it void my warranty?

3) Is it only temporary?

4) Will it help me save battery life?

5) What are other features of rooting?

THANK YOU FOR THE FUTURE HELP !!!

I am in NOOOO way a pro at this but i know the answers to some of the questions.
1.) you enable you to be the superuser or "root" user of your phone. You can essentially change almost everything about the phone.
2.) yes it does. But there are simple methods via web and this great forum :) to UNROOT your phone.
3.) it is permanent till u unroot or want to change things about your ROM.
4.) some ROM's or other words Operating systems will help save battery and others will consume more.
5.) its infinite. looks astetics yada yada. this phone is based off the Linux system which is an open based system. one where you can do w.e. you want :). theoretically.

p.s. ive read up alot and decided to root. im rooting this week.

Upvote 0
I am in NOOOO way a pro at this but i know the answers to some of the questions.
1.) you enable you to be the superuser or "root" user of your phone. You can essentially change almost everything about the phone.
2.) yes it does. But there are simple methods via web and this great forum :) to UNROOT your phone.
3.) it is permanent till u unroot or want to change things about your ROM.
4.) some ROM's or other words Operating systems will help save battery and others will consume more.
5.) its infinite. looks astetics yada yada. this phone is based off the Linux system which is an open based system. one where you can do w.e. you want :). theoretically.

p.s. ive read up alot and decided to root. im rooting this week.

2) I've read somewhere on google that it doesn't void the warranty ? But i'm not sure. Idk ...
3) I also read that it is temporary until you reboot your phone. Still not sure.. Hahaha

But thank you for the help :) . Tell me how your root goes after you do it :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones