EVO V 4G Price ReducedTips

1. optimusv45

optimusv45 Well-Known Member

2. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Well-Known Member Contributor

Well this is a good thing and a bad thing. If I want to sell this phone I'll only get about 100 dollars for it :( but its good for consumers that can get it for less ;)
  3. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Well-Known Member Developer

It's only a special sale, it will go back yup to $200 or more shortly. $150 is not the normal price.

As for optimusv45's complaint about reception, that isn't entirely accurate. After doing the "fix everything", mine equaled the OV on reception and after putting in the latest PRI and radio from the Virgin update, my reception is better than the OV.
  4. JarrodS

JarrodS New Member

Wow $150? I paid $300 just three months ago. That stings.
  5. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

I'm still quite happy with my $275 device from launch day, if I had waited for the sale I would be 5 months behind the curve and instead of having the opportunity to work through issues most of them would be already solved for me. :p
  6. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Well-Known Member Developer

They call it Bleeding Edge for a reason.
  7. Mobstergunz

Mobstergunz Well-Known Member Developer

$140 now.................
  8. Kamau

Kamau Well-Known Member

This is exactly why I don't worry about the price of phones. In a couple months, it will change. In 3 or 4 months, it'll be half price because "the next big thing" will hit the market. And all this happens on a continuous cycle. It is like a dog chasing it's tail.
  9. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome VIP Member

Certain phones will be hitting price drops because they are either end of life or because an LTE device will be replacing it.

I still use my Evo V for a camera when I go somewhere new. I will always like the 3D...
  10. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

You have to look at it as an ROI if switching from postpaid to prepaid. Buying at $150 for me means a 4 month ROI when the cost of the plans is factored in. The phone price affects the ROI, but there will always be some form of payoff.

Now that I'm prepaid already, there is no ROI justification for buying a new phone, so I'll probably continue with the trend of a $150 phone every 12-18 months. I'll be waiting out price drops on models moving forward. Maybe a Nexus 4 in 2014 :p
  11. EazySteve

EazySteve Well-Known Member

All you young people and your abbreviations^
  12. viget

viget Active Member

Buddy, if you are referring ROI as Return on investment, you are being too vague for a third person to interpret. Maybe your return is your subjective utility function. :p

Anyways, I think virgin mobile is pushing this sale to get those people with $25 plan out of it to $35.
  13. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Although they are still selling the Triumph, albeit at $180. Lol :rolleyes:
    OB
  14. boyo1991

boyo1991 Well-Known Member

Yes im defenitely getting on come valentines day. Great price for a great phone.
  15. selectphysics

selectphysics New Member

Got this for $150 from VM about 2 weeks ago
  16. pbailey212

pbailey212 Well-Known Member

Target still has a $299 sign on it
  17. newevouservm

newevouservm Well-Known Member

Picked one up. I usually wait 1 & 1/2 years and wait for price drops on older phones. Having a 4.3 inch phone is so awesome compared to a 3.2 inch V/samsung intercept :D.
  18. pbailey212

pbailey212 Well-Known Member

Anything is better than the intercept
  19. ron scubadiver

ron scubadiver Well-Known Member

$140 is dirt cheap for this phone, plus extra value is there because the devs have done so much work on it.

I suspect the industry is moving to offering more high end phones off contract. They will finance the purchase of a top of the line handset and sell the service for a more competitive rate.
  20. EazySteve

129.99 at Radio Shack right now
  21. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

This is my new strategy. Wait for a $300 phone to drop down to $150, then buy one every year. I don't care about cutting edge technology, I'm fine with 18 month old cutting edge technology. My next phone will hopefully be quad core... and I'll probably get it when Samsung has octal core phones for $200 on contract.
  22. ron scubadiver

ron scubadiver Well-Known Member

This phone is probably nearing EOL.
  23. tbeilfuss

tbeilfuss Member

Went on sale at the perfect time since mine short circuited and had to buy another.

24. EazySteve

Might be able to do a warranty exchange with Virgin? Worth a try
    tbeilfuss likes this.
  25. tbeilfuss

tbeilfuss Member

you're right. Wasnt gonna bother since i already bought one but i could always get another one for free to give to my daughter. I know that if it is HTC, my warranty is void due to rooting......

Ill see right now since I got time to be on hold.