• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO V 4G Price Reduced

It's only a special sale, it will go back yup to $200 or more shortly. $150 is not the normal price.

As for optimusv45's complaint about reception, that isn't entirely accurate. After doing the "fix everything", mine equaled the OV on reception and after putting in the latest PRI and radio from the Virgin update, my reception is better than the OV.

Upvote 0
I'm still quite happy with my $275 device from launch day, if I had waited for the sale I would be 5 months behind the curve and instead of having the opportunity to work through issues most of them would be already solved for me. :p

You have to look at it as an ROI if switching from postpaid to prepaid. Buying at $150 for me means a 4 month ROI when the cost of the plans is factored in. The phone price affects the ROI, but there will always be some form of payoff.

Now that I'm prepaid already, there is no ROI justification for buying a new phone, so I'll probably continue with the trend of a $150 phone every 12-18 months. I'll be waiting out price drops on models moving forward. Maybe a Nexus 4 in 2014 :p

Upvote 0
You have to look at it as an ROI if switching from postpaid to prepaid. Buying at $150 for me means a 4 month ROI when the cost of the plans is factored in. The phone price affects the ROI, but there will always be some form of payoff.

Now that I'm prepaid already, there is no ROI justification for buying a new phone, so I'll probably continue with the trend of a $150 phone every 12-18 months. I'll be waiting out price drops on models moving forward. Maybe a Nexus 4 in 2014 :p

Buddy, if you are referring ROI as Return on investment, you are being too vague for a third person to interpret. Maybe your return is your subjective utility function. :p

Anyways, I think virgin mobile is pushing this sale to get those people with $25 plan out of it to $35.

Upvote 0
Picked one up. I usually wait 1 & 1/2 years and wait for price drops on older phones. Having a 4.3 inch phone is so awesome compared to a 3.2 inch V/samsung intercept :D.

This is my new strategy. Wait for a $300 phone to drop down to $150, then buy one every year. I don't care about cutting edge technology, I'm fine with 18 month old cutting edge technology. My next phone will hopefully be quad core... and I'll probably get it when Samsung has octal core phones for $200 on contract.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones