• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

evo vs incredible

View attachment 3868

Nexus One then Iphone then Evo 4g

Evo dwarfs the nexus and iphone....Im just saying, the phone is too big to fit in jeans pockets. Its my only beef with it. If it had a 4" screen then maybe I would grant the crown to it but due to the burrden the large screen causes the Incredible is still #1 . I dont want to carry around a miniture laptop bag to carry my phone.

I put a HD2 in my pocket no problem. Buy bigger pants? Guys shouldn't wear pants that are painted on.

Reactions: hyabusha and IOWA
Upvote 0
Evo has no trackpad (which is very useful when browsing the internet to select tiny links) and the battery is only 200ma larger than the incredible which is nothing when you take into account the large screen. I dont understand peoples fascination on the screen size. Its the same 480x800 resolution....

Biggest problem with the Evo is its size. Evo does not fit into many pockets and will be very difficult for many to carry around which is why the Incredible will still be the #1 smartphone. Plus the Incredible has a far better still camera.

Evo 4g (IMO) is more of a micro tablet than a smartphone.
Please explain your opinion regarding a better still camera on the Incredible, as the specs appear identical. Have you compared them directly or know of a direct, hands on comparison? If so, could you please provide some examples or a link? Thanks.

Upvote 0

Top 5: Polkadot's Top 5 Smartphones

1. EVO Pro (Sprint)
2. EVO (Sprint)
3. Palm PrePro 4G (Sprint)
4. Windows Phone 7 4g (Sprint)
5. iPhone 4GS (Sprint)

I figure that since we're posting lists from random dudes with a blog and ranking phones that we haven't actually ever used that I would join in. As you can see Sprint clearly dominates the SmartPhone market. Unfortunately for VZW they didn't even have a phone in the top 5...well, they're not alone at the bottom as T-Mo and ATT&T couldn't hack it.

Upvote 0
No - it IS different. The Evo can record in 720...incredible can only do 480 :D
His post specifically mentioned the still camera. Do you think that the Evo's HD capability might result in higher quality JPG images also?

Note: please excuse my phrasing if the question reads like sarcasm or a challenge. I don't mean it that way, I'm quite curious about this point.

Upvote 0
His post specifically mentioned the still camera. Do you think that the Evo's HD capability might result in higher quality JPG images also?

Note: please excuse my phrasing if the question reads like sarcasm or a challenge. I don't mean it that way, I'm quite curious about this point.
720p HD is VERY low resolution when you talk about still cameras and 8mp. They restricted the camera on the Inc via software.

Upvote 0
The INTERESTING question here is whether the lens and / or light sensors on the EVO and Incredible are different.

It does seem a little odd that they would cripple the camera on the Incredible. Obviously there's differentiation and whatnot, but they're being sold to different carriers.

Hopefully for the Incredible folks, it IS just a software limitation which can be removed.

Upvote 0
Top 5: Polkadot's Top 5 Smartphones

1. EVO Pro (Sprint)
2. EVO (Sprint)
3. Palm PrePro 4G (Sprint)
4. Windows Phone 7 4g (Sprint)
5. iPhone 4GS (Sprint)

I figure that since we're posting lists from random dudes with a blog and ranking phones that we haven't actually ever used that I would join in. As you can see Sprint clearly dominates the SmartPhone market. Unfortunately for VZW they didn't even have a phone in the top 5...well, they're not alone at the bottom as T-Mo and ATT&T couldn't hack it.

lol that was pretty ownage right there.

back on topic though - is verizon supposed to have the best network? my att is pretty crappy. i drop calls all the time while my coworkers incredible gets reception even in our elevators. whats up with that?

Upvote 0
Yes but the same camera can probably record in 1080p, it could be limited by the manufacturer and not necessarily a hardware limitation. An 8mp lens should have np recording 1080p video.

Sure the camera has the resolution for it but the phone is not powerful enough to record 1080p, heck it can't even play back 1080p. 720p is more than enough for this phone.

Upvote 0
back on topic though - is verizon supposed to have the best network? my att is pretty crappy. i drop calls all the time while my coworkers incredible gets reception even in our elevators. whats up with that?

Carrier arguments are about as useful as %*$'s on a bull. Every area is going to have good and bad coverage with all the carriers for whatever reason.

I've been with AT&T/Cingular 8 years - started out awesome, no problems, acquired or became Cingular and the service went to shizz. Never recovered. Could literally count on calls dropping and would warn people I was going to lose them as I approached certain landmarks. From what I understand, they still suck!

Went to Verizon for last 4 years. Absolutely SOLID coverage and service. But even at my buddies house 4 miles away, service is 1 bar and spotty. Go a 1/2 mile in either direction and it is awesome again.

Sprint - Don't know, but after asking people here in this forum for coverage and service opinions in my geographic area, it has all been positive and I'm looking forward to saving money and getting a better phone when I move to Sprint from Verizon.

If it turns out they suck, my 30 day guarantee will save me and I'll go back to Verizon with the Incredible. Win/win either way.

Upvote 0
Oh wow, You have much to learn about Marketing and how to create products to adhere to different markets.

HAHA ok! Because I'm sure Verizon said "Hey, you know what? We know you have that Evo coming out on Sprint...so go ahead and tone ours down a little bit - don't want to oversaturate the market". Whatever helps you justify your inferior phone :D

Reactions: ekt8750
Upvote 0

Just because a camera has the same megapixel rating doesn't mean its the same camera. All megapixel means is how big of a picture it capable of handling. Things like the lens of the camera play a MUCH bigger role in the quality of the picture than the megapixels it can be taken in.

In regards to the Evo/Inc, I really don't think they are the same from a hardware standpoint since one can record video in 720 and the other can not. Does it make a difference in still shots of the camera? I'd doubt it, but being able to record videos in 720p is yet another advantage the Evo has on its little counterpart.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones