• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO vs iPhone 4 Speed Test

Check out the article today on boy genius report about the iphones data speeds. Then look at how many people are complaining about how slow it is. My friend is an iphone sheep and even he says the data speeds suck on his iphone 4. His iphone 3gs was fast.

But again this is a benchmark test that translates into exactly what?

The iphone vs evo browser is a better test. In test after test the EVO has been proven faster in loading web sites. What are people really using the data speeds for? Streaming music? 600k is fast enough to not make a difference, browsing web sites? You wont notice much of a difference between 600k and 1.2mb. I have ran a speed test with my evo next to an iphone and when the iphone got a faster speed test result my evo still loaded the web sites faster.

Also the OP is just trolling. I love these trolls. It shows how insecure iphone nation is over the EVO.

Upvote 0
Check out the article today on boy genius report about the iphones data speeds. Then look at how many people are complaining about how slow it is. My friend is an iphone sheep and even he says the data speeds suck on his iphone 4. His iphone 3gs was fast.

But again this is a benchmark test that translates into exactly what?

The iphone vs evo browser is a better test. In test after test the EVO has been proven faster in loading web sites. What are people really using the data speeds for? Streaming music? 600k is fast enough to not make a difference, browsing web sites? You wont notice much of a difference between 600k and 1.2mb. I have ran a speed test with my evo next to an iphone and when the iphone got a faster speed test result my evo still loaded the web sites faster.

Also the OP is just trolling. I love these trolls. It shows how insecure iphone nation is over the EVO.

Wow. Seriously. Wow.

And your own post did not just prove that last point is not a two-way street how?

Upvote 0
I have had similar results as the OP at work with my EVO. my partner has the Iphone 4 and when he runs the same speed tests he is getting 2000-3000kbs per test and my highest has been around 900. And that is been done is several places. I was a little disappointed. But when loading pages on the web his is not any faster.

Same here. I was out to dinner with my friends and one has an old G1 on t-mo getting 2500 - 3000 down and the other one has a iPhone 3G on ATT getting around 2400 consistently. I was getting around 650 - 750. My upload speeds on Sprint were about 4 times faster than theirs though (650 or so). On my Touch Pro I used to get around 2MBps. Not sure if all these Evos sold have killed Sprint's throughput. It makes me think it might be throttled as well.

Upvote 0
Wow. Seriously. Wow.

And your own post did not just prove that last point is not a two-way street how?

I'm glad i amused you.
This is an EVO message board on android forums. I guess that part you failed to comprehend. I am not posting EVO threads over at mac rumors ect.

I'm sorry if you are so insecure about your choices of phones. I am not. But carry on with your delusions anyway. :)

Upvote 0
I'm glad i amused you.

Fanboys always amuse me.

This is an EVO message board on android forums. I guess that part you failed to comprehend.

What? You mean this isn't the cooking channel?

I am not posting EVO threads over at mac rumors ect.

Well, I'm sure they're very thankful that we're the ones stuck with you.

I'm sorry that I'm so insecure about my choices of phones. I wish I could be more like you. I'm totally delusional. :p

Fixed that for you.

Upvote 0
I have both phones. Using the Speed Test app, getting consistent results.

iPhone 4 is 3 to 4 times faster, almost every time.

Before make the final decision on which to keep. Any suggestions? Ideas. Is ATT iPhone really that much faster without 4G on Evo...

Somehow I smell a troll... Has both devices and with the 1st post ever say the iPhone is 3 to 4 times faster...

Ya right...

Upvote 0
I've had both phones for a week now and have done multiple tests.

I live in the suburbs of Chicago and work near the loop area. AT&T is highly inconsistent - in the city it sometimes crawls to a halt on the edge network and sometimes shows 200-300kbps where as sprint consistently shows about 600-700kbps. In the suburbs, again Sprint is fairly consistent with about 700-1000 kbps but Att varies from 2mbps at my home to 56kbps (no, that's not a typo) near Woodfield mall in Schaumburg. (all comparisons are in 3G; 4g is clearly a cut above both 3g's).

However, the wifi performance of the Evo has been puzzling. I have Att dsl at home, and all my devices (win 7 laptop, win vista desktop, win xp desktop, win xp laptop, iPad 3G) all connect over wifi at about 11mbps. The new iPhone 4's that we just got also connect at 11mbps. The two Evos (mine and my wife's) never connect at more than 7mbps. Since the difference only shows up in the speed tests (i.e. in actual usage it's not noticeable), I haven't bothered to research further.

Upvote 0
Why the F would you ask us what to keep if you have both devices in your hand.

Just based on that and nothing else, keep the iPhone. Much easier device to use to use for people who cannot think on their own!

The reason I asked the f'ing question was I thought this was a forum to discuss/ask a question about the f'ing evo.

Simple question, is it really that much slower than the iPhone 4 or not? Didn't realize how "Sensitive" some of you android people are. You must be stuck with a Sprint contract. Sorry to hear that.

For the rest of the people answered like a normal human being, I will post a video/photo later with some testing.

Upvote 0
Why the F would you ask us what to keep if you have both devices in your hand.

Just based on that and nothing else, keep the iPhone. Much easier device to use to use for people who cannot think on their own!

The reason I asked the f'ing question was I thought this was a forum to discuss/ask a question about the f'ing evo.

Simple question, is it really that much slower than the iPhone 4 or not? Didn't realize how "Sensitive" some of you android people are. You must be stuck with a Sprint contract. Keep paying $10 for Sorry to hear that.

For the rest of the people answered like a normal human being, I will post a video/photo later with some testing.

Upvote 0
I HIGHLY doubt the iPhone is 3 to 4 times faster.....

I HIGHLY doubt the iPhone is 2 to 3 times faster....

I HIGHLY doubt the iPhone is any faster...

It's a pretty well known FACT that Sprints 3G is faster than ATT's....

Your video will really prove NOTHING as you can tweak the setting to slow one down...

I was born at night, but it was NOT last night...

Upvote 0

Simple question, is it really that much slower than the iPhone 4 or not? Didn't realize how "Sensitive" some of you android people are. You must be stuck with a Sprint contract. Keep paying $10 for Sorry to hear that.

Okay, let me try and put this in easy iPhone wording for you.

You have both devices. In front of your own 2 eyes you are seeing one of the devices work faster then the other. What can we tell you that would convince you otherwise?

On top of that, and trying to help in for your future forum life. If you go in an EVO forum where the majority of us are EVO owners, what do you think people are going to tell you is the better device.

Why don't you post your question in the iPhone forum and maybe they can be of better assistance to you. You know, because iPhone owners can judge without being bias.

Upvote 0

Hey look, I have the same answer for your second post as well!

Okay, let me try and put this in easy iPhone wording for you.

You have both devices. In front of your own 2 eyes you are seeing one of the devices work faster then the other. What can we tell you that would convince you otherwise?

On top of that, and trying to help in for your future forum life. If you go in an EVO forum where the majority of us are EVO owners, what do you think people are going to tell you is the better device.

Why don't you post your question in the iPhone forum and maybe they can be of better assistance to you. You know, because iPhone owners can judge without being bias.

Upvote 0
Seriously you need to go away....I have em both, well let's reframe that, I HAD EM BOTH! I had the iPhone for all of maybe 36 hrs, until I packed it up and returned it to at&t. I happen to like Apple products, and I will be the First, and definitely not last to say I loved my 3Gs. However the iPhone 4 is pure Garbage. That thing couldn't hold a candle or candle holder to my EVO, or my year old 3Gs. Yes the camera is good, and so is video, ends there people. So Apple basically built a good cam/camcorder? Speed wise, its insane how much the EVO beats up on the 4. I put my EVO up against mine, my brothers, and my cousins iPhone 4, and the results were always the same....GOOOOOOOOOOAL BY THE EVO! More like a knock out then a goal...lol! Anyway take your BS somewhere else.

Upvote 0
Seriously you need to go away....I have em both, well let's reframe that, I HAD EM BOTH! I had the iPhone for all of maybe 36 hrs, until I packed it up and returned it to at&t. I happen to like Apple products, and I will be the First, and definitely not last to say I loved my 3Gs. However the iPhone 4 is pure Garbage. That thing couldn't hold a candle or candle holder to my EVO, or my year old 3Gs. Yes the camera is good, and so is video, ends there people. So Apple basically built a good cam/camcorder? Speed wise, its insane how much the EVO beats up on the 4. I put my EVO up against mine, my brothers, and my cousins iPhone 4, and the results were always the same....GOOOOOOOOOOAL BY THE EVO! More like a knock out then a goal...lol! Anyway take your BS somewhere else.

Preach it brother!!! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones