• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Exception Upgrade?

Or you could try calling customer retentions and say you want to go to sprint or whatever they will probably give you the phone at the new contract price or a little lower plus waive the upgrade fee. I believe you still have to have your phone for atleast 6 months (well this is what I was told by customer retentions when i upgraded all my lines early in Feb they said to call them again in 6 months if i wanted a new phone as they could offer the best deal, so my 6 months is coming up then it's new phone time again)

Upvote 0
It's not a scam hell att employees tell you on the phone they will do it that way. I even had store employees tell me to try customer retentions for a better deal. so if they are willing to do it that way why pay the extra money for the exception upgrade? But hey if you love att that much then by all means give them the money. And yes I believe it is $100 on top on the new customer price for the exception upgrade (at least that's what I was told once in a store before an employee told me about the customer retentions thing)

Upvote 0
Can i do this even if i didn't buy my upgrade phone through att? Like if i got it at bestbuy. And do I have to return my original phone?

If you are talking about the exception upgrade yes you can do it and no you keep the phone you got now too.

If you are referring to customer retentions again yea you can and you also keep the phone you have currently.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones