• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Exchange Account Setup Question

I was having some of the same issues that people on this thread are having and I worked for hours to try to resolve the issues. I was trying to set up an active sync account for exchange 2007. I was able to get it to work but then shortly after that when I would go into my email icon, it would say that my username or password were incorrect and would not receive my inbox email; however it would send email and my contacts would sync. I was finally able to find some information that my school had posted on how to setup the account information and by following these directions I was able to get it working perfectly.

The configuration settings need to be as follows::

• *Email: your.address@utah.edu (if required)
  • Username: your uNID ** Unless there is no domain field required and then you will input your uNID@umail.utah.edu
  • Password: your uNID password
  • Domain: "umail.utah.edu" (if required)
  • Click to select Save Password.
  • Server name: "www.umail.utah.edu" This server uses an SSL connection.
Maybe by tweaking this information to how it applies to you will help you get it worked out. For me, I think the key was specifying both the server and domain, which were basically the same (the server just had "www" as a preface). Hope this helps someone.

Upvote 0
I was having this issue and just kept banging my head against the wall. I had been using the built in exchange support and was having no problems at all untill last week. I went through every thread I could find and nothing worked. I realized that my problem started when I installed a new dual port toe card for iscsi connectivity. Nothing changed on the initial nic but when I went into the network bindings I found that the servers primary card(the ip that my firewall forwards all the mail etc to was third in the list. After moving the primary nic back to first in the binding order I was immediately able to resetup exchange email on my phone.

I'm assuming that for my particular problem the requests were hitting my fw going to the exchange server via the correct internal address but because the binding was setting a secondary nic as first the returning info came from a different mac address and must have been causing some sort of confusion in the authentication process on the droid. Hope this might help someone else out there.

to check the nic binding on your exchange server go to control panel, network connections, click the advanced menu, select advanced settings then just verify that your cards are in the correct order. Most newer servers(atleast with dell) seem to have a dual nic configuration so I guess this could be a fairly common culprit if you have more than one nic installed.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I guess this problem may have a lot of causes... on our server I corrected the binding order (of the network adapters) but for us the cause was in Active Directory - I noticed an activesync based error in the event viewer - with further looking, it was revealed that if you go into active directory users and computers and go to the properties of a user and click on the security tab & advanced, I needed to click on the "inheritable Permissions" checkbox - after that the whole thing started working like clock work....

I also heard about this problem happening when the apn settings on the phone need to be reset or corrected.... Good luck :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones