• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extended warranty for Nexus S

asterix007

Nov 29, 2009
Hi folks,

I purchased a Nexus S for my wife and she is happy with it so far. I'm considering buying extended warranty, though I usually am not a fan of extended warranties.

I've looked at Squaretrade so far. Their 2 year warranty is priced at ~ 95$.

Is there any extended warranty out there for the Nexus S? Does anyone have any experience with Squaretrade warranties? In general, they seem to get good reviews on the web.

Thanks.

There was some talk in another thread about having specific devices insured by your home insurance. Supposedly, most insurance companies will be willing to cover something like a Smartphone against accidental damage and factory defects for something like $40 per year. Now how that works along with your deductible and such, I have no idea.

Edit: The thread discussing insurance: http://androidforums.com/nexus-s/240422-best-buy-screwed-me-again.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones