• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Extra Battery for the Samsung Reverb?

Ebay combo 1900mAh Battery update!

Surprisingly, I did hear back from the vendor. Clearly English is not his first language. His response:
"oh,sorry, buy batteries must be used repeatedly five can really fully charged, please use a few times, if that does not work I will be re-sent to you, thank you

- menghao2011

If I'm interpreting him correctly, I think he means that I should cycle it through 5 full charge and discharge cycles and if it doesn't improve he will send me new batteries.

Well, surprisingly it is getting a bit better. Today(3rd charge cycle) after 1hr off the charger(with no use) it only dropped to 90% whereas yesterday it was at 83%.

So I'll give it a week and report back.
Rob

I got 2 2000mAh batteries and charger on Amazon for $16 they work great! Last forever!

Upvote 0
Hello All,
I'm reporting back my initial findings in regards to the Ebay combo battery deal.
Ebay combo deal .
2 x 1900mah batteries designed to fit the Reverb and..
1 x Wall / USB battery charger
For $13.29 + free shipping.
New 2X 1900mAh Battery USB Charger for Samsung Galaxy Reverb M950 SPH M950 | eBay
Well, it would seem the old adage is correct. If it seems to good to be true it probably is.

Clearly these batteries are counterfeit junk. They barely last half as a long as the regular battery. There is no way these are 1900mah, not even close.

After being charged all night, in the phone, using the official Samsung charger then unplugging from the charger for 1hr-- WITH NO USE OF THE PHONE WHATSOEVER- the battery drops to 83%!!!!
After 5hrs 40mins (and some light use) 36%!!! Ugg!!

So be warned...

I'm contacting the vendor... and I'll be back with their response.
~Rob

Final results - Judging battery life compared to the stock battery I'd say these are around 1000mAh. Nowhere near the stated 1900mAh.
I complained to the vender and he offered HALF my money back and I keep the bats. I agreed.
Rob

Upvote 0
I bought the New Trent iTorch IMP52D external battery charger and LOVE it! It saved my sanity when I was home for Christmas. I had only brought my phone for reading and my battery was just about gone. I had unfortunately had caffeine later in the evening and was completely wired. The hubs was sick and already sleeping... and I thought I was going to go nuts with nothing to do. I kept reading until I got the 10% battery level warning. Rats. Then I remembered I had this little charger in my purse!! YAY!! The charger is pretty tiny and I just hooked it up and read for a couple of hours. (And I left it plugged in to charge overnight.)

I guess for me, I'd rather have the external charger than an extra battery or two. Taking off the snap on case and then having to get the battery cover off is a PITA. But I guess to each his/her own. ;-)

Upvote 0
I dont have to put the phone in the charger anymore during the day. I charge it overnight. Take it out of the charger at 6 am and when I come back at 5 pm still have more than 30% left. The bulk is not that bad. Ithink it is worth it.
I have multiple email accounts and RSS synching all day , and moderately use internet and calls and text.:)

Upvote 0
Where can I find an extra battery for the Samsung Reverb? I just bought the phone and I'd like a couple of extra batteries to have on hand.

I've searched Samsung Reverb battery online, but am not pulling anything up. Is there a compatible battery?

Thank you for any suggestions! :p

I bought one from eBay, it costs around 1500 for original. However, I recommend getting it from market.

Upvote 0
I dont have to put the phone in the charger anymore during the day. I charge it overnight. Take it out of the charger at 6 am and when I come back at 5 pm still have more than 30% left. The bulk is not that bad. Ithink it is worth it.
I have multiple email accounts and RSS synching all day , and moderately use internet and calls and text.:)
How long did it last before?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones