• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help facebook messenger

whats the problem

• the problem is the apk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the problem is the hardware

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Think your other option then is to use FB in the browser, i.e. the web interface. Frankly the HTC Cha Cha is a really old device now, from 2011, only has 512MB RAM and 2GB total internal storage. The full FB app itself is really heavyweight and bloated, apparently 200-250MB or more when in use, and is really too much for the poor thing. Is it Gingerbread 2.3 on there? Which is definitely not going to work for the official FB app. 4.0 minimum I think.

The "parsing the package" problem is often because the APK is truncated or corrupted, and the phone can't open it. Where are you downloading them from?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Think your other option then is to use FB in the browser, i.e. the web interface. Frankly the HTC Cha Cha is a really old device now, from 2011, only has 512MB RAM and 2GB total internal storage. The full FB app itself is really heavyweight and bloated, apparently 200-250MB or more when in use, and is really too much for the poor thing. Is it Gingerbread 2.3 on there? Which is definitely not going to work for the official FB app. 4.0 minimum I think.

The "parsing the package" problem is often because the APK is truncated or corrupted, and the phone can't open it. Where are you downloading them from?
My chacha has only 120 mb internal memory and 30 mb free and android 2.3. I know that the phone is really old. I download the apps from different sites
http://www.feirox.com/facebook-apk-all-latest-versions-updates-old-version-history-download
There are all facebook versions

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones