• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook Sync F2.0d?

Mine has same issue. Contacts seem to end in the D's when I go to a friend's contact info and try to link her to hare name (starts with M). I can scroll down the options thru D and then it just abruptly ends. Trying the People - Events - Menu - Refresh thingy... Hope it works, as this is the ONLY thing wrong with Fresh 2.1D.

Edit: Didn't work. Can't get FB to fully sync. As stated below, I could go to DC ROM, but the ones I've tried are much slower than Fresh. Not the OS itself, but just the UI and how fast you can multitask, type, open things.... So I think I'll stick to this without FB until the Evo is released.

Upvote 0
14j92s0.png

6zwyeq.jpg

dzxpwo.png

works for............lol

Upvote 0
I had FB sync issues after I updated to DC 2.08 what I did was remove the FB account from sense and unintstalled the official FB app, rebooted then re-added my FB account to sense and everything synced right away. I re-install the official FB app and everything is working good now.

How did you uninstall the "official facebook app?" Mine doesn't give me any options to...wondering if I should just pull it using Fresh's Kitchen?

Upvote 0
How did you uninstall the "official facebook app?" Mine doesn't give me any options to...wondering if I should just pull it using Fresh's Kitchen?

download appmonster from the market then just unistall the facebook application. that's wha i did. i haven't did the whole facebook remove and add method on 2.08. only on fresh2.0d and that still didn't work. let me try it on 2.08

Upvote 0
I had FB sync issues after I updated to DC 2.08 what I did was remove the FB account from sense and unintstalled the official FB app, rebooted then re-added my FB account to sense and everything synced right away. I re-install the official FB app and everything is working good now.

LOL I just did that on Fresh 2.0d and now have no contacts synced. Oh well, 1 month till the Evo comes out. :)

Upvote 0
download appmonster from the market then just unistall the facebook application. that's wha i did. i haven't did the whole facebook remove and add method on 2.08. only on fresh2.0d and that still didn't work. let me try it on 2.08

Appmonster doesn't even show facebook on the list that it comes up with. I can dl the facebook app update, but when I uninstall that it only uninstalls the update not the whole app. This is ridic...hopefully 2.0 actually comes out on Friday and the new ROM's soon after will have it all figured out.

Upvote 0
Appmonster doesn't even show facebook on the list that it comes up with. I can dl the facebook app update, but when I uninstall that it only uninstalls the update not the whole app. This is ridic...hopefully 2.0 actually comes out on Friday and the new ROM's soon after will have it all figured out.

on fresh 2.0d you wasn't allowed to take the facebook app away. did you have all of your widgets before you tried to remove the app? if so you should be able to remove it with the appmonster. i just did it. it didn't ask to unistall updates, i uninstalled the app all together.

Upvote 0
Not ditch so much as give the fantastic device to a friend stuck with a Pre. I really was frustrated with my phone with 1.5, but with 2.1, it has been fantastic. Fast, reliable, fun...

I am on Sprint Premier, so my upgrade comes in June. Perfect timing for the Evo! I'm a sucker for the bleeding edge. :)

it's always a problem. trust me. the evo will mess up just as the nexus one did lol..

Upvote 0
I was following this thread because I was having the same issue with facebook. My contacts stopped at the letter M. Was about to follow the advice about removing the facbook apps and all, when I check my contacts and they were all there...What happened? I dont know.
The only thing that I have done today was went into dconfig banned apps and unchecked the sense tab and then rebooted. This I did because I wanted to get some of the HTC widgets back which I did. I did it again just for kicks and reboted again and got more widgets like the calendar and time.
Also with advance task manager I stopped all applications once, to see what would happen, again not expecting it to do much...
As I said...dont know what these two things had to do with facebook and sync contacts at all or maybe just rebooting did the trick.
The thing is that it is working for me know. And I love it..

Upvote 0
on fresh 2.0d you wasn't allowed to take the facebook app away. did you have all of your widgets before you tried to remove the app? if so you should be able to remove it with the appmonster. i just did it. it didn't ask to unistall updates, i uninstalled the app all together.

When I'm under my "manage applications list" and under the facebook app specifically it has no "uninstall application" option. All it says are "Clear Data, Clear Cache, Clear Defaults, and Force Stop." When Appmonster pulls up my list of applications the Facebook app isn't even on there. And yes, I know the difference b/w the facebook for htc sense and the regular facebook app from the market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones