• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Factory Data Reset & Re-Root Help

Lraushtsen

Lurker
Sep 11, 2011
To start, I have a Droid R2-D2 running the most recent update (2.3.3)

Before I had any problems with the device, I rooted my phone w/ z4root (assuming this helps at all).

When I received a notice that there was an update available for my OS, I updated my phone and almost immediatly started experiencing problems, such as lag and what-not. Afterwards (without doing any research) I performed a factory data reset on my device, thinking that it would also un-root my phone.

Now I'm stuck trying to figure out how to re-root a device that thinks it's still rooted (which it technically is), but I can't use other programs that I used to use, such a Milestone Overclock.

I re-installed z4root and attempted to re-root the device, but while it was in the middle of whatever it was doing, the program force quit and would not open again unless I performed another factory data reset.

Seeing as how I only have a Macintosh computer at my disposal, is there any way that I can re-root the phone so I can use these applications I used to without "bricking" my phone?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones