Factory reset revert to gingerbread?Support

1. Trubattleax

Trubattleax New Member

I had some problems with my phone so I did a factory reset. when I got the phone a couple weeks ago it came with android icecream sandwich 4.0.4 but now that I did the factory restore for some reason it went back to android gingerbread 2.3.6. Can someone tell me how to update it to icecream sandwich like it was when i bough it?

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

A factory reset only wipes the data partition, meaning system,em updates would still be in place.

Are you rooted or on a custom ROM? How did you do the reset? Can you check for any updates again via the About Phone menu or via Kies?
  3. Trubattleax

Trubattleax New Member

First id like to say thanks for the quick response. I did root the phone thats why I had problems with the phone I couldnt get passed set up wizzard when the phone restarted. so I did the hold +volume, -volume and power button to get to the factory reset screen it reset and the phone works fine. I tried the update software via phone and it said the phone is up to date I also tried the kies and it said "your device current firmware version is not supported to update firmware via kies"
  4. sameerteni

sameerteni New Member

Did you get any solutiuon for this? I am having exactly same problem.
  5. spikedzombies

spikedzombies Member

If your gonna reset might as well root it :)