• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Factory reset revert to gingerbread?

Trubattleax

Lurker
Dec 29, 2012
I had some problems with my phone so I did a factory reset. when I got the phone a couple weeks ago it came with android icecream sandwich 4.0.4 but now that I did the factory restore for some reason it went back to android gingerbread 2.3.6. Can someone tell me how to update it to icecream sandwich like it was when i bough it?

First id like to say thanks for the quick response. I did root the phone thats why I had problems with the phone I couldnt get passed set up wizzard when the phone restarted. so I did the hold +volume, -volume and power button to get to the factory reset screen it reset and the phone works fine. I tried the update software via phone and it said the phone is up to date I also tried the kies and it said "your device current firmware version is not supported to update firmware via kies"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones