• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fake-Call Me App... SWEET

so wait, you have to pull out your phone and mess with it, click it to call you, then put it away - absorbing like 30 seconds in front of the person - and then 15 seconds later a call comes in?? that would seem hinky to me. your like "wait a second, let me mess with my phone here" and then seconds later your phone rings.

well, once you pulled out the phone, why didn't you just say "oh shizz, I gotta go I see I have another appt." OR just fake like your phone is vibrating and be like, "oh, huh, wait my phone is vibrating"

the fatal flaw in these is that you have to, unavoidably, mess with the phone to get it to call you back, and then the coolness - the realistic visual effect - is lost on other people as they cannot even see the phone face anyway.

try this instead.. "hey dude, I gotta go" :)

Reactions: muab
Upvote 0
That is what secretaries are for. If I have a meeting with a "Wind Bag" and am afraid that I'll get stuck. I'll have the departmental secretary call me about 30 minutes into the meeting, if the meeting is bad, I answer the phone and excuse myself for whatever reason. If the meeting is actually accomplishing something, I just ignore the call.

Just my $0.02 worth,
BigRedGonzo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones