• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Final Fantasy XIII

At Chapter 11 myself now, got about 32 hrs in and overall (I have played every previous game) , I like it. Story is good (Lightning to me is very likable, and although FFVII is not my favorite, VI was, to me she's sorta like a female Cloud w/o the amnesia imo), battle system is good although this time I find myself using the auto-battle alot more than manually selecting. It looks great on my 50".

Only thing I am disappointed with so far is the 'tunnel-vision' , or the on rails feeling of literally just moving forward until you make it to Gran Pulse. I don't understand the logic out there I've read that Square said they couldn't do towns on hi-def consoles. Lost Odyssey on the 360 (although not made by square but headed up by the guy who used to do FF) did them just fine.

Upvote 0
At Chapter 11 myself now, got about 32 hrs in and overall (I have played every previous game) , I like it. Story is good (Lightning to me is very likable, and although FFVII is not my favorite, VI was, to me she's sorta like a female Cloud w/o the amnesia imo), battle system is good although this time I find myself using the auto-battle alot more than manually selecting. It looks great on my 50".

Only thing I am disappointed with so far is the 'tunnel-vision' , or the on rails feeling of literally just moving forward until you make it to Gran Pulse. I don't understand the logic out there I've read that Square said they couldn't do towns on hi-def consoles. Lost Odyssey on the 360 (although not made by square but headed up by the guy who used to do FF) did them just fine.

I share you view there, that's why I'm rather looking forward for the next installation of FF XIII series with Versus. They have implanted open world again and promised that the main characther will be different compared to any other Final Fantasy game.

My biggest problem with FF13 is somewhat the linear super feeling. I either go east to west, west to east, south to north or north to south, with some corners now and then. Which is bit frustrating, the battle system is good but not wohoo, I like how it keeps you active. The game overall is nice game, but still lacks something, but it's a clear positive shot from Square-Enix. I also like to say the music itself is one of the best soundtracks I have heard in years from Final Fantasy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones