• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Finally a phone that keeps up with me...Maxx is a BEAST

cardinalrule

Lurker
Dec 18, 2011
So, I am going to give you all my review of the 1st full day of using my Maxx. I consider myself a heavy user as I download several podcasts and listen to probably 8 hours of audio every day. My Droid X or my RAZR couldn't keep up with my demands without constantly plugging into an outlet a few times a day. Here you go.

Here is a lest of all of the tasks that I did with my phone yesterday.

1. Turned on phone at 6:00 a.m.
2. Plugged into computer and put my recording of Wednesday's Howard Stern Show, unplugged for the last time of the day.
3. Downloaded Adam Carolla Podcast
4. Downloaded The Dan Patrick Show Podcasts
5. Normal Facebook browsing
6. Tweeted 8 times
7. Took 9 calls for a total of about 1 hour
8. Listened to all of my podcasts from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. with the DoggCatcher App with Presto turned on and sped up to 1.3 of normal speed, which if any of you use this app, you know that Presto kills battery.
9. Normal Web Browsing
10. Obviously I also sent and received text messages, received a few emails, replied to a couple of them.
11. Keep in mind, since this was the first day using the phone, I also spent a lot of time in the Market getting my apps downloaded, installed and setup. Also the normal setup stuff that you do with a brand new phone.
12. Never adjusted any of the stock settings, Display timeout was set to 1 minute, Brightness on Auto, No WiFi on all day long, No Smart Actions Set. ABSOLUTELY NO ADJUSTMENTS MADE TO TRY AND SPARE BATTERY.

I'm sure that I've left out a few things, but let me tell you, this phone is a beast. When I finally went to bed, the phone was off the charger for a total of 16 Hours, 53 Minutes and it was at 30%. I have to say that Moto did it right with this phone.

So, I am going to give you all my review of the 1st full day of using my Maxx. I consider myself a heavy user as I download several podcasts and listen to probably 8 hours of audio every day. My Droid X or my RAZR couldn't keep up with my demands without constantly plugging into an outlet a few times a day. Here you go.

Here is a lest of all of the tasks that I did with my phone yesterday.

1. Turned on phone at 6:00 a.m.
2. Plugged into computer and put my recording of Wednesday's Howard Stern Show, unplugged for the last time of the day.
3. Downloaded Adam Carolla Podcast
4. Downloaded The Dan Patrick Show Podcasts
5. Normal Facebook browsing
6. Tweeted 8 times
7. Took 9 calls for a total of about 1 hour
8. Listened to all of my podcasts from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. with the DoggCatcher App with Presto turned on and sped up to 1.3 of normal speed, which if any of you use this app, you know that Presto kills battery.
9. Normal Web Browsing
10. Obviously I also sent and received text messages, received a few emails, replied to a couple of them.
11. Keep in mind, since this was the first day using the phone, I also spent a lot of time in the Market getting my apps downloaded, installed and setup. Also the normal setup stuff that you do with a brand new phone.
12. Never adjusted any of the stock settings, Display timeout was set to 1 minute, Brightness on Auto, No WiFi on all day long, No Smart Actions Set. ABSOLUTELY NO ADJUSTMENTS MADE TO TRY AND SPARE BATTERY.

I'm sure that I've left out a few things, but let me tell you, this phone is a beast. When I finally went to bed, the phone was off the charger for a total of 16 Hours, 53 Minutes and it was at 30%. I have to say that Moto did it right with this phone.

Wow...... the bar is set.....

Upvote 0
Yep....I'm impressed to. I spent all day on it will 4g, email, web browsing, and several extended phone calls. Off the charger at 6:30am and on again 11pm and the battery was still at 30%. It was only the second day I've had it so I imagine after a few days the battery will get even better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones