• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

finally did the 3600mAh battery upgrade

Only if that were true, all those battery expanders/chargers would be out of business, but reg people will not carry a plain battery around.

plus on top of, you need a charing dock for said "extra" battery if you want to charge it while the other is in use.

Again, why so many many companies out there making such devices.

Yours looks way better than mine. xD
Slimmer, redesigned look to it, I like it.

Upvote 0
I like yours but didn't want any wires on mine, wanted everything to plug into it, all self contained, almost went with a full size & mini USB port but both my tablets use that small round power hole so I stole the power port out of an old oyster cell so I can use either or of my house or car chargers.

Though it was a quick build to see if I could do it with junk on hand. could use some diodes n what nots, a LED or two to make it look fancy......

Upvote 0
oops forgot two

1500mAhcreditcard6.jpg

1500mAhcreditcard7.jpg

Upvote 0
I, too, purchased an extended battery (not the one linked above) for my Optimus V, but it doesn't work. I put the battery in and attempt to charge but receive the "Battery Required" message instead. I did notice that the terminal "pin out" pattern on the replacement battery was different than OEM. Given the four gold connectors, the replacement reads -BB+ where the Bs are not labeled on the battery. On the OEM, it reads B+B-. I hope this makes sense. To the OP (and others who have an extended battery), do the terminal assignments on your replacement battery match the OEM?

Upvote 0
Seriously, this is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time! Do you sell these? Great job!

That's derived from the famed Minty Boost charger:

Minty Boost! - USB charger for your gadgets

Radio Shack actually has kits to make these. Difference here is that 350x is using an old phone battery (which I've been looking to do, seeing as I've got tons of those things laying around).

I'm working on something smaller and similar for a Bluetooth audio adapter I bought off Amazon that, for some ridiculous reason, had no internal power supply (those Chinese obviously have a sense of humor). So far I put together a simple one using 4 rechargeable AAA batteries (in a $1.99 battery case from Radio Shack) and a USB female connector (which I had to scrounge up myself, seeing that those can be hard to find).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones