• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Firmware Update GB to ICS via Kies

sroux

Lurker
Jun 23, 2012
I have a Galaxy S2 that became a bit slow so i decided to upgrade to ICS as i know it is a bit faster than Gingerbread.

I decided to upgrade via KIES. It has been a while since my last update (about 7 months)

Now i am stuck at 71% for the last 6 hours. I am afraid to lose all my data if i unplug the USB to retry does anyone know if this is normal? Or any tips on what should i do?:mad:

Sroux-

I just did the update & it was approx 10 minutes so something is wrong. I'm hoping you have a data backup. Can you do a reboot & reconnect to Kies since it never fully executed the update? I had that happen on another phone updating to Froyo & had to re-do the update, but my data was intact. I'll cross my fingers for you.

BTW, are you by any chance on TMobile, because they had an update before this that may have been needed that I took which was sent out OTA from TMO. If another carrier, ignore this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones