• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GT-P5110: does not reboot after sucessful firmware flashing - Firmware upgrade encountered an issue

Christ0phe

Lurker
Aug 22, 2016
Hello,
After a tentative firmware update I now get the 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue' error message when I boot my Samsung tab P5110. I have tried to connect via Kies but Kies does not recognize it. I have then tried various versions of Odin (3.7, 3.9, 3.10) associated to several .tar.md5 that I found on the sammobile and other websites as well. Some {Odin, .md5} couples do lead to a successfull flashing result. The strange thing is that at the end of the succesfull flashing result Odin says 'Restart' or 'Reboot' but my P5110 never reboots, even after 15min. If I then reboot it manually (Volume Down +Power) I get again the 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue' error message.
I am really lost and do not know what very minimal 'thing' I could flash to get pass this error message...
Thanks for your precious help
Christophe

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones