• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Firmware update, T-Mobile HTC hero, help needed!

Hey all,

Need some help re firmware on an android device. Awhile back I bought an HTC hero G2 from T-Mobile (well had it on contract), all good in the hood. But due to T-Mobiles apparent apathy towards updates I've been stuck on 1.5 which is less than jolly as 2.0-2.2 appear to be melting the face off it.

Anyway I'm wondering is it possible to wipe my device and install the latest firmware and still use my T-Mobile network? I've got a T-Mobile HTC ROM installed on it (shoved it on yesterday) if that makes any difference. Should I get it unlocked or something, replace the rom? I still plan on using T-Mobile I just want the latest firmware.

Anywhose any help with this would be greatly appreciated, I've looked all around and keep getting irelevant/conflicting/confusling information and can't seem to get a straight answer =/

Much thanks :)
Rupert

p.s. it's T-Mobile UK (if that helps at all)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones