• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
And learn how to engage 1st gear on hills right away.

And the handbrake (parking brake for you colonials). A smooth manual transmission hill start is an art form. :)

^ That being said, I drove a right-hand-drive stickshift Hilux while I was in Afghanistan.

I hope it was a proper jingly truck? :D

Upvote 0
You know. What I might do, fix it up and sell the car and make some profit on the car. Be less than $1000 for the car, maybe sell if for maybe 3,4k if I can. Then I can buy a better car possibly. Just a thought.

The problem there is that car, according to bluebook value even in excellent condition, is only worth $1,600.00 in a private sale. If you are buying from a dealer perhaps you'd get $2k. But, you said it needs $500 worth of work to get going so it's probably in less then excellent condition. ;)

Upvote 0
You know. What I might do, fix it up and sell the car and make some profit on the car. Be less than $1000 for the car, maybe sell if for maybe 3,4k if I can. Then I can buy a better car possibly. Just a thought.

What I'd do is, just drive it for your needs (getting to work and back) and keep putting aside money for down payment on a car you'll really want.

Upvote 0
What I'd do is, just drive it for your needs (getting to work and back) and keep putting aside money for down payment on a car you'll really want.
I could make a good buck off the car for a down payment in my own car. The Taurus I been driving. It will last a while as long as I take care of it. Tax time, my dad said he'll give me a few thousand dollars for a car. I can buy a fairly decent car in full.

Upvote 0
I could make a good buck off the car for a down payment in my own car. The Taurus I been driving. It will last a while as long as I take care of it. Tax time, my dad said he'll give me a few thousand dollars for a car. I can buy a fairly decent car in full.

Oh, I didn't even realize you had a Taurus at your disposal. If that's the case, go for it. Doesn't hurt to try.

Upvote 0
Oh, I didn't even realize you had a Taurus at your disposal. If that's the case, go for it. Doesn't hurt to try.

I'll be able to use the Taurus until it dies. For some reason, I really like it. The new Tauruses, their nice. Instead of an Impala, thinking of getting another Taurus. But a newer generation. Don't like that 1990's - 2007 design.

Upvote 0
Bringing this thread back,

I hear that we won't get our tax return until October for the 2014-2015 year. My dad was going to give me some money from that, and I was going to use that tax return I got from my job to buy me a fairly new car. But waiting until October I don't think my Gam Gam's Taurus can actually last that long. I guess I might have to actually use the aveo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones