• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root First compcache rom?

cool :)

Turn on compcache from the galaxo config app. The whole rom is quite fast, i'm really impressed! So much so that i'm confident I wont be reflashing soon, and finally installing all the apps I usually use on the phone!

The only flaws remaining is the camera button drainage and broken 3D. Hope samsung patches those up.

Wifi teether is pretty damn awesome though. Insanely useful feature.

Edit:
Use backup for root. Backs up everything for quick ROM migration. But nandroid backups are still damn nice to have ;)

Upvote 0
Seems the problem was with google apps backup. Cleaned the internal SD card of all old files, reflashed II5 again and now it's working. :)

before when I restored the apps, it was almost instantaneous, now it took ~8 seconds. :)

he does say in big letters make sure you back up gapps before you wipe and restore after update and before reboot

Upvote 0
It should be using the SMSC from the sim card if there isnt one defined in the ME. That's what the default qualcomm baseband does. If you add you're own in the phone, it will just overide the SIM one.

Most western SMSCs don't allow messages from outside their network anymore. In fact they were never supossed to, but alas some people didnt provision theirs properly :p [I used to work in GSM :)]

Upvote 0
The only way to check for sure is to open a terminal to the modem device and run an AT command to check the current SMSC. You could also turn on delivery reports and SMS yourself. You should get a report from the SMSC its using, but i'm not sure if it displays the SMSC address in android.

Upvote 0
I'd like to put the Galaxo rom on my i7500 Galaxy, but do I need to be an 'advanced' user to do it? I mean, do I need to understand some technical skills, better understanding of Linux?
I'd love to have a better rom than the original Samsung one, and people are talking good about this one, but I have my doubts. Any experiences to share?

Upvote 0
if you know how to work around a computer how to use command prompt and how to read instructions to the letter then you will be fine.

the biggest problem you will have is getting windows to recognise adb drivers in standard and fastboot.

other than that its easier than it sounds. just alot to take in when you 1st look at it

Upvote 0
Yeah totally. The best thing to do actually is to turn on USB debugging, and install the adb driver (it'll be the one driver that you wont be able to find after installing NPS). Look at the 'i knew nps was bad but wtf' thread, i uploaded the modified adb driver you need.

Next put the phone into fastboot (Power off, call+power), and install the fastboot driver (again in that thread).

Then take the battery out to get out of fastboot. Now you'll have all the drivers you need installed and be set for any tutorial you like - updating with Odin - installing Galaxo or whatever else.

Upvote 0
Wierd it used to sit there on my phone forever. Only way out was remove the battery. Maybe a new bootloader then.

If i click sensor then put my finger over the sensor (the one next to the speaker), the screen background goes blue, the phone vibrates and the value changes to 1. And back to normal when i move my finger.

Upvote 0
Wierd it used to sit there on my phone forever. Only way out was remove the battery. Maybe a new bootloader then.

If i click sensor then put my finger over the sensor (the one next to the speaker), the screen background goes blue, the phone vibrates and the value changes to 1. And back to normal when i move my finger.

ahh i thought that was light sensor :(

yeah thats what made getting the fastboot drivers installed a pain. cos on recent roms it booted out of fastboot after 15 seconds of no activity

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones