First impressions......

Last Updated:

1. ManMythLegend

ManMythLegend Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For all to share not just me.

For those wondering..

NoHD recording or playback.

Yes this sucka is FAST. Im convinced engadget rigged the speed test. The loading of websites is insanely fast.

MultiTouch/Pinch Zoom on Dolphin Browser is fantastic!
    MUCH better than Iphne for the simple reason text will format itself to the display once pinched in or out. I cant fathom how people overlook this feature.

Homescreen cards are useless.

Homescreen crawling with live wallpapers ((especially rain)) is slightly choppy at times. Regular wallpapers smooth.

Creepy moment....Maybe I overlooked something I did.. but how did camera pics from my G1 appear on my Nexus One gallery ???? Im seriously baffled. ((drop box)) is the only info I have. Maybe Its in picasa ?? Need to check this.

App installation ?....insanely fast..serious. Its done quicker than you can exit out so far. ((wifi))

Checking LED/Trackball now.

Screen is gorgeous.. I will say this. It may not WOW you at first. But the second you go back to Iphone or another phone.. it REALLY hits you how sharp this phone is. Similar to dvd to HD. Biggest difference is when you go back and realize how blurry it was.

Advertisement
  2. giomasterg

giomasterg Well-Known Member

Number 1: I hate you as i have yet to receive mine

Number 2: Congrats on getting yours!!!!

Question.... when you go to the market are all of your apps from your g1 there in the downloaded menu or do you have to search for them again?

3. ManMythLegend

Google Voice was preinstalled lol.

You will have to search for them again.
    Unless Im mistaken Market will only search presently installed phone for downloads.

1. I <3 you too.
    2. Thanks.

4. jpasint

jpasint Member

Got mine too. I think it is, "just" another Android phone. Scrolling is about the same as the Droid was for me. Still has this choppy movement to it in almost all screens that have scrolling ability.

Vibration is really strong for ring and notifications but the the Droid was pretty decent too.
    Don't have much time now but I'm sure others will chime in soon.
    I don't know guys.......

Joe

5. giomasterg

giomasterg Well-Known Member

Hmmm so as for apps that you may have purchased on your g1 do they carry over? Do you have to re-buy them?

6. seeking

seeking Well-Known Member

mine is delivered but i wont be out of work untill 6 or so. allready spoke with tmo yesturday so my plan should have allready switched over

7. AndroidsOfTara

AndroidsOfTara Well-Known Member

I also think something was seriously wrong with their test. My Droid loaded their page slower than the 3GS, but much faster than their Droid or N1.

Is there any way you can compare loading the same page on both your N1 and a Droid over the same network (wifi)?

8. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

clear internet cache on both phones, pop the url into the browser, hit go at the same time.

9. bighead

bighead Member

are you getting an application error while attempting to load the polar clock live wallpaper? I got one just like in the engadget walkthrough :(

everything else is amazing... this is my first Android phone, coming from 8320 and 8900 blackberries.

10. Dgree03

Dgree03 Member

I recieved mine today also.. went to my local fedex place a picked it up using hold on location method.

First off.. yest the screen is gorgoeous.. i mean wow.. and im coming from a bold 9700 and before that 3gs and those screen are beautiful also.. but Nexus.. wow.

It is fast.. altho i was having errors loading up live wallpapers like the grass or galazy ones... but they eventually loaded weird?

Umm let me check out some more stuff

11. Dgree03

Dgree03 Member

Oh internet loads up stupid quick also(but im coming directly from BB, so.. anything would be faster)...

The intergration with googles suite is very tight... and everything loaded up for me very quick, contacts... calendar.. everything.

Hmm the phone feels really good in your hands.. reminds me of the first gen iphone...

12. prowler63

prowler63 Member

Engadget must have rigged tat test. My N1 loads pages faster than my friends 3gs. The multitouch in the dolphin browser is also just as fast as the iphone (and its better because it re-formats text).

The screen blows the competition away.
    Live wallpapers are smooth 90% of the time.

Over all i would say if you have a droid, keep it... If you have a 3gs, keep it.. if your looking for a new phone, get the Nexus one. It's the best avalible.

13. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

Are SMS pushed, or still checked every 5 min (or your choice of interval)?

14. tomtom

tomtom Member

How is scrolling in the dolphin browser? In the comparisons I've watched of the pre-loaded browser it looks really choppy in comparison with the 3GS.

15. cgp1

cgp1 Member

This phone is supposed to support GIf images. Since some people are having some issues with live wallpapers could someone try setting a animated Gif as their wallpaper? This is something I miss being able to do with my G1 and would probably use less power than live wallpapers. Thanks!

16. 3rd-Geer

3rd-Geer Well-Known Member

Did you get prompted for any Holiday Updates? That fixed all my issues and I was prompted for that yesterday afternoon right after the conference ended.

17. ManMythLegend

Anyone get color trackball to work ?

Mine only flashes white ? Not sure if Missed Reminder and Handcent are compatible yet.

18. blackberrycubed

blackberrycubed Active Member

i dont know about you guys but as soon as i installed a 8 gb class 6 micro sd card, the phone overclocled itself to 1.5 ghz :eek:)

19. ManMythLegend

Its a bit choppy but not noticeable until you compare directly. But Im wondering if its becuase it draws the whole page. I only have the Itouch in front of me now and it seems to be super smooth then gray boxes until it draws the rest of the page.

20. Dgree03

Dgree03 Member

No i did not, hmm... I wonder why? is it automatic? Or is there anywhere i can go to download manually?

I just download a couple of apps and never recieved any indication? But i do admit this is my first time with android and there is a slight learning curve..

21. Fdelys

Fdelys Member

I'm switching to the Nexus One from the Pre. I'll get the phone tomorrow; I'm excited to post the differences between the phones if anyone is interested.

22. jbrinkley

jbrinkley Well-Known Member

it loaded all my picassa albums without me doing anything. I don't know if i like that.
    still clueless though

23. Neemo

Neemo Active Member

Please do, I'm considering about buying my gf a pre since she likes a hw keyboard for sms etc. and buying myself a nexus one. I for one would be interested to see how they compare.

24. 3rd-Geer

And everyone thought I had the bootleg version haha...I'm telling you I couldn't find this either....and none of the apps will change it.

25. 3rd-Geer

When I got the phone a few weeks ago and turned it on I was prompted immediately for the first update. Then yesterday I got the other. Weird...I wonder if they'll send out another update over the next day or so. Interesting!! Maybe the new ones came with it already installed...but that would sound odd as well because these were bug fixes that I believe were addressed.