• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Fix for loss of 3g/mobile internet connection

Rizzodun

Lurker
Jun 20, 2012
I've spent the last couple of days trying to fix the following problem, and finally stumbled upon a solution by chance looking through the forums for other phone models, posting it here in case anyone has a similar issue.

I got a my One V a month ago, all worked perfectly until, without any reason, the 3g connection stopped working.

I could connect to the network, but could not send or receive data.

I tried resetting the APN, and even entering APN details manually but did not solve the issue and ended up doing a full reset on the phone.

Last week the issue cropped up again, not wanting to do a full reset again I found this workaround is effective.

1. Turn Airplane mode on
2. Shut down & restart phone
3. When phone is restarted, take phone out of airplane mode, connection should work after a minute or two.

Not the most ideal of fixes but hope this helps anyone with a similar issue, could not find anything about this problem on HTC's website.

Hi thanks for the sugestion. I had this issue spoke, to HTC in the UK for 1 hour and after resetting the phone back to original settings (wiping out al my apps etc.) was asked to ship phone for repair. I have now been told that they are waiting on a part to fix this and that they do not know when it will arrive to fix this issue. They alkso said this was not a common fault but they've run out of parts and have lots of phones delayed in repair!

Upvote 0
I'm having a similar problem with mine.

Every day I do a charge cycle and unplug my phone, later that day, the data will randomly stop working.

I've tried airplane mode for a few second, minutes... nothing.

The only solution to get my data back online is rebooting the phone (which is a pita when you're in the middle of a Google talk conversation)

Any of you found a permanent solution?

I was thinking about unlocking the phone and flashing Jelly Bean, but I'm not sure if that's going to fix the problem.

I might go back to Koodo and ask for a repair. I bough it in June.

Upvote 0
I finally went to Koodo for a repair. I got my phone back (took only a week!).

HTC replaced the whole main board, all I kept was my phone body and screen.

As of now, the phone seem to be problem free. I've been running it on Thursday 11pm charge and no problem with 3G. I'm now charging it again (was @ 12%) and see if the problem occur tomorrow.

Upvote 0
just my two cents but i do not think this is a device issue. virgin mobile constantly does this in my area. if you use pdanet+ on pc with the device you can tell they are resetting the connection. in my opinion its a method of eating up your alloted data so they can quickly throttle your connection speeds. it happens to me mainly with downloads. they arent stupid. they know you are trying to download something,they simply reset the connection and make you have to attempt it again..then your data gets eaten up.

Reactions: russellvone
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones