• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flash ROM without radio, Flash Radio or ROM 1st?

scrattyrat

Oct 29, 2010
I am going to install a ROM wothout radio. I have the radio version ready seperate to the ROM.

After wiping everything using clockwork recovery, which do i have to flash 1st? The Radio or the ROM? (I assume this is the same process just select the zip file in clockwork recovery?)

Inceidentally, the radio suggested to go with the ROM is already on my phone, will wiping and clearing using clockwork recovery also delete the rasio so I have to reflash it? or will it stay on there?

Thanks

If you flash the rom and the rom doesn't include a radio, your existing radio will not be touched.

Some poeple say to flash the radio first, but I have found that it doesnt matter. You can upgrade a radio without changing rom.

However, try not to update radio's too often as it can be risky. if you dont need a radio, nothing you have to do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones